Honored Contributor

A FEW EASTER VIGNETTES AND TABLES

This little guy made off with my heart--  is he what you would call a lop-eared bunny?   Look at his feet!   I just love his chunky little head.  If anyone knows more about this type of bunny, do tell! Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 6.46.39 PM.png

The colorful cheer of this room is so welcoming...

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 6.50.21 PM.png

But this more rustic, neutral one has great appeal too.  The planted daffodils, especially.  The napkins have "fighting hares" on them.  There's a platter of a great Easter staple at lower right-- hot cross buns!

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 6.53.07 PM.png

Although they've made inroads in many places here in the U.S.,  the hot cross buns, typically eaten on Good Friday, are more of a huge feature of the holiday in Britain and the Commonwealth countries.  In Canada, when I was little, always looked forward to hot cross buns!

Easter_hot_cross_bun_recipe.webp

Has anyone here made them?   I've been scared off, since they are a 'yeasted' bread-- but for inveterate bakers, probably fun to do.

Hyacinths at a an old-fashioned Easter feast in Maryland, complete with grits,  mmm!

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 7.07.37 PM.png

Love this basket of tulips, daffodils and p ussy willows, with a poignant little vintage lamb keeping guard...

a-k-tulips-is-a-cool-Easter-inspired-arrangement.jpg

Hey, they're making it too easy on these kids.  Make them hunt!

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 7.14.05 PM.png

Have to confess to a weakness for eggs, as well as bunnies though.   The casualness of these speckly ones, tucked into a loose, flower-filled basket or coiled vine, has such a "deconstructed" charm... 

a-nest-flower-and-egg-arrangement-with-daffodils-hyacinths-and-tulips-and-speckled-eggs-is-ideal-as-an-Easter-centerpiece.jpg

Easter with a folk art flavor--

2018_01_24_HOMES_AND_ANTIQUES_FOLK_EASTER_SO5_013-fc135c1-scaled.webp

My fave, p ussy willows, mixed with flowers, in a pristine white vase...

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 7.24.51 PM.png

And a beautiful white table setting, is complemented by water-color-like floral linens...

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 5.52.20 PM.png

An emerald green vase is a glorious choice for a wispy array of Easter branches...

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 7.23.12 PM.png

There's something about the stunning simplicity of these blue grape hyacinths, mixed with white ranunculus,  that crystallizes the beauty of the season for me...

white-ranunculus-and-blue-grape-hyacinth-is-a-very-spring-like-flower-arrangement.jpg

Wishing a Happy Easter to those who observe, and a Happy ( and extended, one hopes! ) Springtime to all. 

Respected Contributor

Re: A FEW EASTER VIGNETTES AND TABLES

@Oznell  Thank you for the wonderful photos that really get me excited for Easter!  That bunny is absolutely adorable- I love its floppy ears and chubby body! So cute! Smiley Very HappyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

As usual, you post some of the prettiest rooms and scapes I've ever seen.  Everything is so beautiful!  I love the first picture with the bunny.  I really think the table with the hyacinths is gorgeous too.  The lovely baskets and birds nests are so charming.  💝🌸

Thank you so much for taking the time to share.💝

Respected Contributor

I love all the pictures. I especially love tulips and the beautiful colors.

Respected Contributor

Love the bunny! Last year we had a bunny family under our deck. I enjoyed them. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I make hot cross buns at Easter time and bread, rolls and soft pretzels every week.

Yeast breads are not difficult.  I wish I could eat them.  I am gluten-free, but my family isn't.

I love your pictures and the bunny.  My youngest granddaughter had a pet rabbit for years.  She is in college now and the last bunny passed a few years ago.  They make sweet pets.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  Lovely Easter pictures!  That is a lop-eared rabbit.

We see them at the county fair. He is so cute.

I like the Easter table setting by the fireplace  with tulips and a little chocolate bunny with a place card at each setting.

The grapevine centerpiece with the spring flowers and little nest of eggs is very pretty. I also like the arrangement of ranunculus

and grape hyacinth.

During Lent  our bakeries make hot cross buns. Our local bakery makes really good ones, but puts so much frosting on top. Not just the traditional cross. They are very sweet, but delicious. We got some a couple of weeks ago, we will have to get some this week. They stop making them after Easter.

Back in the 70's, I made hot cross buns once, but they were not as good as the ones from the bakery.

Happy Easter!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Oznell I remember this from my childhood and having these from a bakery now and then (in So. Cal.) or the grocery store: "Hot cross buns, hot cross buns, one a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns." I'm pretty sure this saying is British as these are much more popular there.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell Such lovely vignettes!That is indeed a precious lop eared bunny. Thank you for the lovely Easter/Spring photos! ❤️
Respected Contributor

@Oznell   What beautiful pictures.  What no puppy? 😂. However, that sweet bunny stole my heart, such a cutie.  He/she almost doesn't look real.  

Thank you!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet