Honored Contributor

Re: 🖍️ 🖍️ Calling All Who Color! 🖍️🖍️

I was into adult coloring big time not too long ago.  I must have more than a dozen sets of various coloring implements!  And I have enough coloring books to last a lifetime and then some.  Some I bought myself.  Some I gifted.  I framed some of my finished pages that I was partiularly fond of and they hang in my dining room.  I'll get back to it one day, because I found it so relaxing, yet somewhat challenging in deciding on color schemes.  I then found adult dot-to-dot, and that took over my spare time for a good bit.

However, I make all my own greeing cards and I have been spending most of my spare time work on paper crafting these days.  

(But when push comes to shove, I can get immersed for hours doing jigsaw puzzles on my laptop!!!!!!!) 

(Your projects are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Honored Contributor

@bflowing

@Krimpette

@ALRATIBA

@qualitygal

Do you have any pictures to share? Cat Happy

Super Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I also bought these to try, but I haven't opened them yet.

So if you color, what materials do you like to use?

@lolakimono . . . .   Your designs are lovely - nice color combos. I've been coloring for about three years. I've tried many different types of things to color with, and these Prismacolor pencils are by far my favorite, and are the only thing I use. They can be pricey, but I have found the best place to buy them is ****** Blick Art Supply (dickblick.com). They also have some nifty accessories that I love such as blender pencils, extender handles (for when the pencils get really short), erasers and good sharpeners, all also at good prices. 

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

@bflowing wrote:

Prisma pencils are the best.  I also use Copic  markers and brush markers by Tombow. .  I've been into card making for over ten years and have tried many different coloring mediums.   

@bflowing

I use pencils and gel pens ... depending on my mood and the picture I'm coloring.

Honored Contributor

Mine are just in books. I'm not talented enough to do freehand.  I'd love to do something looking like the log cabin quilts.  Maybe that'll give me something to look into this winter. Little projects help get me through the winter.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

I know you're a DOG person, but I also found this one (haven't started it though).

Honored Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

@lolakimono . . . .   Your designs are lovely - nice color combos. I've been coloring for about three years. I've tried many different types of things to color with, and these Prismacolor pencils are by far my favorite, and are the only thing I use. 

Hugs . . .

@q-girl

Have you ever dipped just the tips in water, to create a watercolor effect?  I do this with my Prang colored pencils, which are at school, but I wondered if you can do the same with these.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@q-girl wrote:

@lolakimono . . . .   Your designs are lovely - nice color combos. I've been coloring for about three years. I've tried many different types of things to color with, and these Prismacolor pencils are by far my favorite, and are the only thing I use. 

Hugs . . .

@q-girl

Have you ever dipped just the tips in water, to create a watercolor effect?  I do this with my Prang colored pencils, which are at school, but I wondered if you can do the same with these.

@lolakimono, how smart you are. I need to try and remember that, for a watercolor effect.  So smart!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  Thanks for sharing  Heart~~~~~

Honored Contributor

I like to use pencils best. I like to shade and sometimes put color on top of color. Gel pens don't work very well for that.I have a set of gelpens and don't use them to color. I use them more for making posters etc.