Super Contributor

Re: When do you start decorating for Christmas?

We decorate for Christmas the week before Thanksgiving & undecorate New Years Day, love enjoying & getting the most out of the seasonal looks, sounds, smells, etc  

Super Contributor

Actually I tried to get the outdoor Christmas lights done last week when my husband was suffering cabin fever from the Covid quarantine.  

Apparently he wasn't all that bored, because the lights did not get put up.  Now that he is out of quarantine, I guess it is up to me. 

Respected Contributor

I must give Thanksgiving it's due so I never decorate for Christmas until after it's over. I want to be surrounded by fall's beautiful orange colors, pumpkins and pilgrims, turkey decor and also one on the table to eat. LOL! Don't like looking at Santas, reindeers, or elves on Thanksgiving. 😄        

Respected Contributor

We start on or around December 1st.  We take down our decorations on January 6th (aka/ The 12th Day of Christmas, Little Christmas, Epiphany, my birthday).  🎄

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

My decorating consists if sticking a wreath on the front door which I do Thanksgiving weekend.  When I used to put up a tree, I did it a week before Christmas and took it down New Years Day.  Two weeks of disruption and clutter was enough.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The weekend before Thanksgiving I spend 3 days putting up Christmas decorations. We then go out of town for a few days to be with family on Thanksgiving so when I return home after Thanksgiving, I have my decorations up. I love my decorations and house when it looks like Christmas. 

I've already started wrapping and almost done with gift shopping. I'm one of those that love Christmas in July and can't get enough of Christmas and the holiday season. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB  @Same here - it's my birthday too

Respected Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@SloopJohnB  @Same here - it's my birthday too

@Chopsmom   Are we twins or at least sisters from a different mother?  LOL. 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I started today.  

Honored Contributor

I no longer decorate, except for a few things....small tree, wreaths, a few Santas etc.  I put everything out two weeks before Christmas.

Since my spouse celebrates Christmas on January 7, it will remain up until after then.

If I lived alone, I'd put a seasonal wreath on the door and be done.