Super Contributor

Re: When do you start decorating for Christmas?

I start the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I also make Turkey Soup with the leftover Turkey.  Thats a tradition.   And get out all the decorations.  Also start getting the Christmas cookie recipes out . 

Respected Contributor

I usually get the artificial tree up the day before or Thanksgiving morning.( with a little help from the young'ens)   Then after The Big Meal  If the mood strikes We have a little tree trimming party that afternoon / evening while everyone is gathered together. If it doesn't come to pass then I'll Decorate the tree that weekend and Put up the rest at my leisure. I like to take my time and recollect as I pull out the decortaions of my past.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking before Thanksgiving this year.  I love the lights & everything.  I usually take them down some time in January.

I plan on getting rid of some decorations (donate or toss)  I hope I do anyway!  LOL

Respected Contributor

I usually decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend, but this year our regular pest control visit falls on the Monday after Thanksgiving, so I will wait until after that before diving into the chaos of holiday decorating.

Trusted Contributor

So,I must be the exception I started today. However I decorate every room and a sun room. So I have multiple trees that I do. A 9' amd a 7 1/2' and a 6 1/2' and a 5'.

Christmas is my favorite time of year and since it takes me a while to get it all done I start early. I want to enjoy it for than 1 month. I love the magic and all the Holidays brings and I like to savor every moment. The outside gets done the week before Thanksgiving but I don't light up until Thanksgiving evening. 

Honored Contributor

Generally I decorate the day after Thanksgiving and it all comes down the day after Christmas.

Honored Contributor

When I worked, it was always on Black Friday. Then we'd go out to eat about 9pm and shop until midnight when the stores were open late, but had few shoppers.  Now it's a little here and there. I know we'll put the outside lights out next week before this warm spell ends.

Honored Contributor

We no longer do any seasonal or holiday decor except one big Christmas Tree and outdoor lights.  If we even do that this year it will be in a week or two.

Our yard company who usually took care of us moved. So we may skip it this year.

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 you go all out! No wonder you start so early.

Honored Contributor

Usually Thanksgiving weekend, but we are doing much less than we used to in that department,  That's when we start exclusively playing Christmas music and using the Christmas dishes too. Everything returns to normal sometime in January, when we can work it in.