Trusted Contributor

What have you said no more of

What seasonal things have you said enough?

I have several no more:

Dish towels and Dish Rags - I change mine out seasonally and I have so many for each season that I can't even fit them all in my linen drawer. I have a real problem 🤪

Florals- OMG I could give Hobby Lobby a run for their money. 

Throw pillows- I just cannot justify more. Now I only buy the covers and change them. I probably have 75 or 80 for all the seasons combined. 

Rugs- I have way too many for each season and I keep buying more. 

Lanterns-why are they so dang nice🤣 I have all sizes and brands and I keep getting sucked into more. 

Candles-The last time I counted I had 80 Luminaras and countless other brands in different colors and sizes. I have everything from tea lights to pillars. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What have you said no more of

Christmas decorations. I have a big deep closet in my loft and a room with more than I could ever need now. Time to clean house. I decorate very little anymore except for a wreath on the door and 2 small trees atop my jelly jar cupboard that I don't even bother to undecorate any more. I just put garbage bags over them to keep off the dust, then back in the closet until next time. 

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris 80 Luminara's in a great collection, I'd love to see it, lol. For me probably I would say no to christmas decorations but I can't resist some of Valerie's illuminated pieces.

Respected Contributor

Glitter. Any decorations with glitter were eliminated. Clean up is a breeze compared to the glitter infested days.

Trusted Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

@MG Chris 80 Luminara's in a great collection, I'd love to see it, lol. For me probably I would say no to christmas decorations but I can't resist some of Valerie's illuminated pieces.

I store all my candles in tubs all standing up so they stay nice lol. They are nothing glamorous. I just love the look of candlelight especially in the fall/winter season. It makes a home so cozy and inviting. I do use a lot of them over these seasons. I am always amazed how fast the tubs start to empty when I start using them. 

Honored Contributor

Seasonal throws.  I've become addicted to Berkshire throws and have way too many.  They wash and wear like iron so I have the originals but keep seeing new cute patterns every season that I haven't been able to resist.  Even using and rotating year round I just have more than what is reasonable.

Trusted Contributor

@On It wrote:

Glitter. Any decorations with glitter were eliminated. Clean up is a breeze compared to the glitter infested days.

I always say I will be cleaning up glitter and flocking until July😄

Trusted Contributor

@On It wrote:

@On It 

Oh, me too! I won't even allow greeting cards with glitter on them into my house, LOL!

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris Most of mine are all occasion year round. I did buy the poincettia spheres in red a few years ago and I just love them.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@On It I instituted a "no glitter" rule in my house years ago.  NO ornaments or decorations with glitter.  Some always come off.  And I silently curse people who send me Christmas cards with glitter all over them, lol.  Banning all glitter narrows down my choices of ornaments and decorations, which is a good thing for me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead