Respected Contributor

ANY PLANS FOR LABORDAY WEEKEND?

Well friends,my 3 day weekend is here and my plans are little to nothing.My friend brought over tomatoes,so I plan on frzzing them.Nothing to earth shadowing .Will be so nice not to have to get up Monday morning and get ready for the day.Im sure anyone else that is employed,and has a 3 day weekend off,feels the same way.

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY Q BESTIES

Honored Contributor

Re: ANY PLANS FOR LABORDAY WEEKEND?

I'm kind of "off," but I have a lot of paperwork that has to be done before Friday. I get to sleep in Monday! 

Today I did some some grocery shopping and a few errands. DH and I went to dinner tonight, so I enjoyed that - and the wine that came with it!   Smiley Wink

We will celebrate Labor Day Monday. No one is working. I hope to make chicken shish kabobs, deviled eggs, and potato salad. We'll probably have ice cream for dessert, because that's what everyone wants. 

I might do a little fall decorating, and I hope I can sit outside with a book for a while!

Labor Day is sort of bittersweet for me. After all of the years of back to school, now it just means the "end" of summer. It kind of seems like it just started in a way!  

@Luvsmyfam - I hope you enjoy your relaxing weekend!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everyone,

long weekend Long Weekend Quotes, Happy Long Weekend, Happy Weekend Quotes, Saturday Quotes, Three Day Weekend, Hello Weekend, Friday Weekend, Good Night Quotes, Happy Saturday

Respected Contributor

Many people in Eastern PA, NJ, NY and DE  head to the beach for some sun and fun!

We are also going to have a heat wave early next week, so schools have already announced they are closing early.

Tonight we went to see the new Equalizer movie--it is set in Italy, so very scenic, but it is a violent movie, so do not go if you cannot tolerate that kind of experience.

Tomorrow evening we are going to a concert, and I am still thinking about trying to squeeze in a "shore trip," but hotel prices have gone up a lot, and Labor Day traffic can be a madhouse.

It is nice to have a holiday weekend with great weather!

Honored Contributor

golf 

golf

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm putting suede patches on all my "cold shoulder" winter clothes....

Outside of that, nada.   The weather is grotesque....humidity is 85% after the dust storm we had earlier this week.   Yes  --  That is in Phoenix (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Heck NO, staying home. Not getting out there among the hoards of thers traveling by air, train, automobile. 

Let's wait for covid-19 numbers after this crazy travel weekend and see where we are again. I fear this will be the first blow-up of of this virus  with kids in schools and all the holidays coming up from now until mid January. 

And the booster vaccine won't even be out until mid-end this month. Get your booster folks as soon as it's available. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Staying in.  Temps will be in the 90s and we live in a very touristy area--crowded streets and lots of traffic in the summer.  No need to go out.  I have my knitting projects, books to read and the US Open to watch--life is good!

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm putting suede patches on all my "cold shoulder" winter clothes....

Outside of that, nada.   The weather is grotesque....humidity is 85% after the dust storm we had earlier this week.   Yes  --  That is in Phoenix (!)

Yeah. Labor Day is not the end of summer for us. I wish it was though.

Respected Contributor

Not going anywhere or doing anything special.  Staying home.  Will grill ribs and chicken.