Honored Contributor

Re: What gifts or decor is anyone buying the last few days?

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@michigangirl723 Lately, I've been buying light strands and candles to go with the items I already have. My DD and DIL have a standing request to let me know if there is anything they want. I was tempted by the "as is" Candle Impressions lantern in grey:

h218278.jpg

But the reviews gave me pause. Also, there is an owl Mirage candle (H217470) that I know my niece would love for the little boy she is expecting in November.

@PA Mom-mom  I saw the owl candle, cute. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@coopersmom1315-1/2"W x 11-3/4"L x 9"D  I wonder if these measurements are for the two together, can't imagine a 15 1/2" bird, lol.

Super Contributor

@mousiegirl

No, I think they are that big....did you catch the video? Caroline mentioned they were "really big" hahaha!

Your baby birds need a big Momma & Daddy! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@mousiegirl

Yes! I have bought it from Zulily & Amazon too. Great brand.

Valued Contributor

Me too @Marsha2003 - LOVED the Santa, but he's big and I have nowhere to put him during Christmas, and nowhere to store him off season.  Too many red trucks ;o)

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@michigangirl723 Lately, I've been buying light strands and candles to go with the items I already have. My DD and DIL have a standing request to let me know if there is anything they want. I was tempted by the "as is" Candle Impressions lantern in grey:

h218278.jpg

But the reviews gave me pause. Also, there is an owl Mirage candle (H217470) that I know my niece would love for the little boy she is expecting in November.

@PA Mom-mom

I have three of these, but not as is. There was a fourth ordered that had to be exchanged because it was defective. 

The reviews for the as is are pretty good. I think they got a lot back because people didn't realize they were plastic. 

I'm considering ordering an as is or two. They are like all Q purchases now, with returns until Jan. 31st, so you would have time to decide. 

I will say, about the lanterns in general, for the price they are wonderful so far. 

They are a thinner plastic, but the distressing of the finish is such that in my opinion, you can't tell unless you touch it. For the prices I think they make a beautiful and bold statement. I was especially keen on these for outdoors, because the Luminara I've put out do tend to rust a bit, plus they are soooo expensive, especially in the larger sizes, I kind of wince putting them out in the elements (but I have had a set of 3 Luminara outside on a covered porch for almost three years now, doing well). 

There is just something about the look of these and the size that I love. I bought them with the idea that if they lasted for even a few years, it would be worth the price invested, relative to the more expensive metal lanterns. 

Just thought you might like an opinion if you are truly considering!

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Me too @Marsha2003 - LOVED the Santa, but he's big and I have nowhere to put him during Christmas, and nowhere to store him off season.  Too many red trucks ;o)

@Beauty Maven  Red trucks seem to multiply, like rabbits, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I was good last night and nothing else jumped into my cart. I was stalking some items that Valerie posted a picture of in her Facebook preview for this visit but they never turned up. I’m assuming now that they may be in her October shows. The stalking continues.... 😬🤣

Valued Contributor

I know @mousiegir.  I have Valerie’s and I got the cutest one last week at Cracker Barrel. The headlights lite up — I couldn’t resist.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@I know @mousiegir.  I have Valerie’s and I got the cutest one last week at Cracker Barrel. The headlights lite up — I couldn’t resist.

@Beauty Maven@   Sounds cute. Smiley Happy  Did you know that in order to be sure that a poster you want to leave a message for sees it, you have to @.,  a list will come up and you mouse the poster.