Valued Contributor

Wishing for a Valerie-Bethlehem Lights Collaboration for my Dream Tree

I wish that Valerie Parr Hill and Bethlehem Lights would collaborate to create a Christmas tree with the following features:

—7.5’ tall, and about 48” wide

—Flocked branches that match the Bethlehem Lights TSV garland

—The ability to switch between clear and multi lights

—Crisp clear lights that are not too yellow but not too blue

—Multi lights that are true jewel tones like Valerie’s slim tree 

—Lights that go all the way back to the pole, not just at the tips

—A couple of features like glistening or blinking, dim or bright

—Foot pedal, remote control and timer

—Ship it in two boxes so it’s easy to manage and store

Would love all these elements in one tree.  The Bethlehem Lights long needle pine comes close, but I don’t like the long needles.  I wish they would offer the Woodland Pine again, that was my favorite.  Valerie’s slim tree is beautiful and great quality, but I don’t need a slim tree.  Will I ever get everything I want?  What’s your dream tree?

Respected Contributor

Re: Wishing for a Valerie-Bethlehem Lights Collaboration for my Dream Tree

I have wished for a couple years now for a random twinkle that you could adjust the speed on, and lights that you could turn down to a soft warm glow. 

So called warm white LED lights on pre lit trees are still too bright white for me.

I bought the weeping willow with twinkle lights and I decided to try experimenting with clear glass paint. I mixed colors to get a brown shade , then painted each bulb a couple coats. To my delight, it worked. I love it’s soft warm 

glow now. I have another smaller tree that I will use the same technique on.

Valued Contributor

@Azcowgirl - I love your persistence with hand-painting the lights!  I agree with you that the LEDs are too bright.  The ability to turn the brightness down with a remote would be fantastic.  I’ve learned that finding the perfect tree is like finding the perfect house — there’s always something I would change ;o)

Honored Contributor

My son bought the most beautiful 7' tree at WM.  It had almost everything on your wish list but it's not a slim  tree.

I was awed how beautiful & how many different colors/functions this tree could do!  The lights were "soft glow" not LED.  I like a clear light with warm glow -- the led lights are too bright for me.

I said only thing it didnt do is "set itself up"😉