Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you 'collect' that is Christmas oriented?

I collect Christmas village buildings. I have a Dickens style village in my Living room, Dept 56 North Pole village in hubby's 'den' and a Nataivity village under the Family room tree. I only buy a piece here and there though now because I am running out of space where I store it.

I also like the Santa's....I used to buy one every year and I will get one if it is different than what I already have.

Trusted Contributor

Jim Shore Santas for me....been trying to branch out to Jim's snowmen, but still am partial to his Santas.

Honored Contributor

I collect the Hallmark ornaments that are tiny replicas of old, quaint houses and buildings!  They are like little doll houses!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

The only thing I could come close to calling a collection are my Hallmark ornaments. I have Hallmark ornaments dating back to 1976 and have collected quite a few over the years. No specific theme, just ones that caught my eye or represented a special occasion. I don't buy near as many as I used to. In recent years it seems the Christmas charm of them has diminished. Some of the recent offerings seem a little gaudy, silly or cartoonish. Doesn't help that the price of their average ornament has gotten so high. I still buy the cooking/baking themed ornaments and a few others here and there. 

Other than that, I have a decent collection of Santas. When I get the decorations out and line up the Santas in my staging area (the dining table), my daughter refers to them as my "creepy Santa army". 😄

I am enjoying reading about all of your Christmas collections. Makes me look forward to the holidays. 😊

@Maltichonmom17

Made me laugh! A 'creepy Santa army'!! Now that is funny! I'd like to see that!

@Mominohio

This is the "Creepy Santa Army" picture that my daughter arranged and posted on her fb page last Christmas. She refers to the big one as General Santa.  I have to say, Morning After Santa is my favorite. 

BTW, I'm a mom in Ohio too. 😊

image.jpeg

@Maltichonmom17

Aw, these guys aren't creepy! Although it does look like "General Santa" can keep the others in line!

Glad to know you are another 'Buckeye'! We live in the north central area of the state around Mansfield, but get around most of the state pretty often. I like winters less and less all the time, but Ohio is a beautiful place, with lots of history and beautiful seasons.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio, we are in Central Ohio, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes and are proud members of Buckeye Nation. You are right, Ohio is a nice place to live with many wonderful places to visit. I agree with you, I am not a fan of Ohio winters. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

The only thing I could come close to calling a collection are my Hallmark ornaments. I have Hallmark ornaments dating back to 1976 and have collected quite a few over the years. No specific theme, just ones that caught my eye or represented a special occasion. I don't buy near as many as I used to. In recent years it seems the Christmas charm of them has diminished. Some of the recent offerings seem a little gaudy, silly or cartoonish. Doesn't help that the price of their average ornament has gotten so high. I still buy the cooking/baking themed ornaments and a few others here and there. 

Other than that, I have a decent collection of Santas. When I get the decorations out and line up the Santas in my staging area (the dining table), my daughter refers to them as my "creepy Santa army". 😄

I am enjoying reading about all of your Christmas collections. Makes me look forward to the holidays. 😊

@Maltichonmom17

Made me laugh! A 'creepy Santa army'!! Now that is funny! I'd like to see that!

@Mominohio

This is the "Creepy Santa Army" picture that my daughter arranged and posted on her fb page last Christmas. She refers to the big one as General Santa.  I have to say, Morning After Santa is my favorite. 

BTW, I'm a mom in Ohio too. 😊

image.jpeg

@Maltichonmom17

Aw, these guys aren't creepy! Although it does look like "General Santa" can keep the others in line!

Glad to know you are another 'Buckeye'! We live in the north central area of the state around Mansfield, but get around most of the state pretty often. I like winters less and less all the time, but Ohio is a beautiful place, with lots of history and beautiful seasons.

@Mominohio...I am  in Ohio also..close to Cleveland.....LOL

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

@Maltichonmom17

We should have a reunion! 

Nataliesgramma, I've never been a fan of big cities, and lived in Columbus for awhile, but if I did have to pick one of Ohio's bigger cities to live in, I love Cleveland. When I was little, there was so much diversity there. The old neighborhoods, and such an ethnic mix. Lots of people (and their great foods, and traditions) from Europe. I think it was a great place to experience. Haven't spent much time in that area lately, and wonder if a lot of the strong ethnic diversity is now gone.

LabLover

A member of Buckeye Nation here as well. Graduate of OSU several decades ago. Was down in the campus area this spring, and can't believe how much campus has changed (especially the High Street area) since my days down there in the early 80's. Time keeps on moving!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a collection of ornaments from Margaret Furlong.  When she did ornaments inspired by nature.  I didn't buy or collect the angels - not my thing.  I will have to find a home for them all as I don't do christmas trees anymore and gave my tree away. 

I like things made of nature fibers, things in nature, rusted iron, wood, shells. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Cat ornaments, of course! 

Honored Contributor

Anything that is related to "A Christmas Carol".

And there was no one left to speak out for me....