Honored Contributor

We still have two more days of CIJ programming

on the 31st of July and on August 1st.

I don't hold out much hope there will be much new or exciting, but it will be a nice break from the endless clothing.

So far, I've purchased nothing Christmas. I have bought some BL candles on clearance (possible gifts) and free shipping and bought two sets of the Luminara mini lanterns, one for a gift, if I keep them because already the battery life seems to be less than the advertised. One set quit at 10 days in on the timer function.

This is a first for me, in many, many years. I always find something Christmas related I just 'have to have', but not this year. 

We'll see how I make it through the next round!

Frequent Contributor

Re: We still have two more days of CIJ programming

@Mominohio

Yes the all day and all weekend clothes, beauty, and jewlery shows. I don't enjoy them but a lot of other people do. Just like most of us here love CIJ and all the Christmas shows closer to the season. But I'm not going to go hijack the jewlery forum complaining about how an entire Gold Rush day ruins jewlery for me. It irks me how hard people come down on holiday programming but not anything else. Rant over!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

I can say I haven't seen anything I really wanted.  I think this is a "sign" that I'm over CIJ (or much else) for that matter.

I go through this at least once a year and lucky for me its during the most tempting of days "CIJ".  I did buy those cute trees from HSN as gifts (for card club ladies) and I have to say they are cute!!! (Plus came with batteries...yippee!)

@MominohioStay "strong" but I'm sure something will tempt us!!! LOL

Trusted Contributor

Like you nonething has excited me enough to buy it. Also like you I have way more Christmas decor to last me a life time, but I  do enjoy watching the Christmas shows.  Maybe in the next 2 shows l'll see something new.

Valued Contributor

Yea!  

Thanks @Mominohio

I need something to watch while I clean out cupboards and cabinets in the kitchen and put away for temporary storage. The TV will keep me company.

I bought CZJ poinsettia napkin rings, but that's the only thing for Christmas.

I hope they will turn up the lights instead of just giving us what everything looks like in the dark.  Maybe I will then be enticed, maybe not. Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@IdahoMom wrote:

@Mominohio

Yes the all day and all weekend clothes, beauty, and jewlery shows. I don't enjoy them but a lot of other people do. Just like most of us here love CIJ and all the Christmas shows closer to the season. But I'm not going to go hijack the jewlery forum complaining about how an entire Gold Rush day ruins jewlery for me. It irks me how hard people come down on holiday programming but not anything else. Rant over!

@IdahoMom - I feel the same way you do, IdahoMom.  I can't understand why some people go out of their way to criticize  holiday programming.  We don't complain about Dyson or Gold Rush day.  If someone doesn't like the programs, then don't watch them.

Honored Contributor

I only watched a few minutes of one of Valerie's shows. I did like the TSV, had it in my cart, but never pulled the trigger. Like so many of you, I seriously do not need another thing. Not saying nothing will ever tempt me again, but so far....I'm good with what I have. Whew!
"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't hold out much hope there will be much new or exciting, but it will be a nice break from the endless clothing.

So far, I've purchased nothing Christmas. I have bought some BL candles on clearance (possible gifts) and free shipping and bought two sets of the Luminara mini lanterns, one for a gift, if I keep them because already the battery life seems to be less than the advertised. One set quit at 10 days in on the timer function.

This is a first for me, in many, many years. I always find something Christmas related I just 'have to have', but not this year. 

@Mominohio
I'm hoping they'll bring back the Hallmark flocked tree in 6.5'. I did order 2 of Valerie's kaleidoscope trees in Silver.
But this is my 1st CIJ.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@IdahoMom wrote:

@Mominohio

@Mominohio
I don't understand why people complain about holiday programming. It's not like someone's holding a gun to their head & forcing them to watch it.   There are some of us new people that want to watch it.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio
I'm hoping they'll bring back the Hallmark flocked tree in 6.5'. I did order 2 of Valerie's kaleidoscope trees in Silver.
But this is my 1st CIJ.

@SweetSydney  If you ever need a slim tree, Valerie's glistening which she is offering this year, is beautiful, have one on my computer table, posted this before, and one will go in my bedroom.  I balked last year, but am glad I surrendered this year.  They don't even need ornaments, that pretty, but even though slim, the trees are very full and they do glisten. Smiley Happy