Honored Contributor

Vintage metallic beaded fruit...

[ Edited ]

OK...did I miss a presentation on these pieces?...H209567 wreath and H209570...

They remind me of Lisa R's collection from a few yrs ago...similar, yet not the same. Some of the reviews for these pieces refer to Jill and others to Valerie. I am confused...

There is no video for either...anyone know?

h209570.jpg

h209567.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Vintage metallic beaded fruit...

Did you try You Tube?  I don't think they are Valeries, they don't show in her list of products that I checked.  Must be Jills.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Did you try You Tube?  I don't think they are Valeries, they don't show in her list of products that I checked.  Must be Jills.

@lucymo   Yes, I checked youtube for a video and only found the one with LR selling her metallic fruit set in 2014. Oh well.

The trees are stunning but they might clash mixed in with the decor I display and stick out like a sore thumb.  I still want them though...I need help LOL

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo   Yes, I checked youtube for a video and only found the one with LR selling her metallic fruit set in 2014. Oh well.

The trees are stunning but they might clash mixed in with the decor I display and stick out like a sore thumb.  I still want them though...I need help LOL

@Susan Louise  I have the tree, garland and wreath that Valerie had a few years ago.  I have the teardrops and wreath that LR had too.  I do like the colors in this one, softer than Valerie's are. I also still have the single  beaded fruit pieces that I use in apothecary jars or bowls.  I've always liked it and if I see at garage sales or flea markets I will pick it up.  I don't see why it wouldn't work in your kitchen or DR, it's fruit.  Remember the fruit stacks from the 80's?  I think they were mostly made with apples.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes Jill designs things for Christmas through some of the vendors.    These are quite pretty and look as though they would blend well with most colors and decor. I, on the other hand am trying not to buy anymore stuff like this as I have way too many things already.  I enjoy seeing what others are purchasing though for their homes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise  I have the tree, garland and wreath that Valerie had a few years ago.  I have the teardrops and wreath that LR had too.  I do like the colors in this one, softer than Valerie's are. I also still have the single  beaded fruit pieces that I use in apothecary jars or bowls.  I've always liked it and if I see at garage sales or flea markets I will pick it up.  I don't see why it wouldn't work in your kitchen or DR, it's fruit.  Remember the fruit stacks from the 80's?  I think they were mostly made with apples.

@lucymo  I also have Valerie's beaded fruit tree, a couple of the garlands and the matching picks Jill showed the past couple of years. I use that fruit tree every holiday season since I got it. 

These metallic trees I consider more Fall through Thanksgiving time decor, which is when I would use them...although many would think otherwise.

Anyway, I also had several of the metallic picks from when LR was still on the Q. I used the gold ones a couple of times and wound up giving them to Goodwill. When I watched the LR video on youtube this morning again, I think these metallic trees will go better in our home than that set she sold a few years ago which are very elegant with the grape vines. 

LR's elegant metallic fruit set with the teardrops is lovely...and very elegant and I'm sure looks fab in your home. You have what I would consider a great home for the whole range of decorating from elegant to casual. IMO our home does country/log cabin/casual well...elegant...not so much.

After thinking about it some, and with your support, I just ordered 2 of the trees! When I additionally remembered I'll be getting the 2 Fall hurricanes on auto delivery from Valerie, those will help make the decor I display this year look a bit more cohesive. I just looked at that video again too and the colors/hues in that Fall hurricane are fairly close to the colors/hues in the metallic trees, so it just might work.

So thank you for your encouragement and help! Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I also have Valerie's beaded fruit tree, a couple of the garlands and the matching picks Jill showed the past couple of years.

I also have several of the metallic picks from when LR was still on the Q. I used the gold ones a couple of times and wound up giving them to Goodwill. When I watched the LR video on youtube this morning again, I think these metallic trees will go better than that set she sold a few years ago which are very elegant. 

LR's elegant metallic fruit set with the teardrops is lovely...and very elegant and I'm sure looks fab in your home. You have what I would consider a great home for the whole range of decorating from elegant to casual. IMO our home does country/log cabin/casual well...elegant...not so much.

After thinking about it some, and with your support, I just ordered 2 of the trees! When I additionally remembered I'll be getting the 2 Fall hurricanes on auto delivery from Valerie, those will help make the decor I display this year look a bit more cohesive. I just looked at that video again too and the colors/hues in that Fall hurricane are fairly close to the colors/hues in the metallic trees, so it just might work.

So thank you for your encouragement and help! Smiley Happy.

@Susan Louise  I think you'll love the trees. I like that they are in a pot.  With Valerie's I had to find a pot to put it in as it looks pretty cheap just sitting flat, IMO.  Please post back when you receive them and share your thoughts.

You know our home is decorated with things we like and not necessarily any particular style.  I do love an elegant style but I might also like a squirrel wearing plaid pants.  lol.  I love your home and especially the kitchen, always so pretty and inviting.  I feel you do like me, use what you like.

Esteemed Contributor

My mom is very interested in this tree.  I don't know if it was presented because I missed a Jill show or two.  Mom has LR's wreath and is using it year-round on a side table with hurricane, etc. in the center.   We've been wondering how this new tree might coordinate (or at least not clash!) if used near or in same room as the LR wreath.  

Writing here, hoping that anyone who currently has their hands on BOTH might be able to help.  Any opinions appreciated. 

h209570.jpg

Image result for metallic beaded fruit wreath

@Susan Louise, I think the tree will look nice for fall.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

My mom is very interested in this tree.  I don't know if it was presented because I missed a Jill show or two.  Mom has LR's wreath and is using it year-round on a side table with hurricane, etc. in the center.   We've been wondering how this new tree might coordinate (or at least not clash!) if used near or in same room as the LR wreath.  

Writing here, hoping that anyone who currently has their hands on BOTH might be able to help.  Any opinions appreciated. 

h209570.jpg

Image result for metallic beaded fruit wreath

@Susan Louise, I think the tree will look nice for fall.

@SHOPR  I think that pairing would actually compliment each other but I don't think side by side, but definitey in the same room!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

OK...did I miss a presentation on these pieces?...H209567 wreath and H209570...

They remind me of Lisa R's collection from a few yrs ago...similar, yet not the same. Some of the reviews for these pieces refer to Jill and others to Valerie. I am confused...

There is no video for either...anyone know?

h209570.jpg

h209567.jpg

@Susan Louise  Jill presented these.