Honored Contributor

Re: Vintage metallic beaded fruit...

@ChiliPepper wrote:

h203454.jpg

Was it the "sugared" set? There was a tree, a garland & a swag maybe?

I have the tree & garland, I think I missed the swag.

I ordered mine after seeing/hearing about them here & seeing pictures from you all.

So, so beautiful!!!!

Was there a scatter to match or am I thinking of the newer set with the beads?

@ChiliPepper   Yes, I have it all except the teardrops.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

100_3220.jpg100_3219.jpg

@Susan Louise  Here is the tree on the small and medium pedestals.  Hope this will show you what to expect. I just used different  ceramic pots or whatever I find around the house that works with the tree. I have two sets of these older pedestals from Valerie and I love using them year round.

@lucymo  Is this the tree that came with a red bow that Jill presented a few years ago?  

@mousiegirl  No, I don't think so, this was Valerie's.  Jill had the candle holder like this tree and it had the red bow.  I removed  the bows and finally donated the candle holders. Didn't ever use them.

@Susan Louise was wondering how this tree would work on the pedestals.  Since the tree is stored in a closet  I could bring it out and do a pic for her.

@lucymo  Bless your heart!  Thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me...much appreciated! I like the 2nd pic with the larger tray. I will definitely use the tray now...looks wonderful!

Sorry for the delay in responding...been so busy my head is spinning!  Our Wren family left yesterday morning and I was up at 6am taking pics. When I have time I'll post a few on that thread in the garden forum. DH and I are also preparing for the hummingbirds. We should have seen at least one by now, but that's ok. We may see more than expected over the next week since our high temps will be in the 70's after today....and even one low temp will be in the 40's...that's October weather for us...OMG! No complaints...will be comfortable/enjoyable to sit on the patio! That should also light a fire under their wings to start migrating, so we may see a small spike of a few passing through.

I've also been outside most of the day yesterday...mowing, shoring up plants in the gardens again, trimming, and still feeding our Robins. The juvies from most of the 1st broods have returned, so it's a hot spot here right now...LOL

Anyway, below is a pic of how I used the tree for a few years. This is one of many decor pieces I can't part with or ever give away to charity. It also mixes nicely with the new Pomegranate & Ornament set I ordered!

Thanks again Lucymo! Smiley Happy

P1500722.JPG

@Susan Louise  Tag me when you post the pics, please.  I love seeing them.  You're welcome for the pictures.  The fruit tree is in a closet so it was easy to get out.  Look around your house too as I find different items that work as good risers and bases for cone shaped trees. I have some bowls that work well too.

I like this picture too, the lamp is wonderful.

@lucymo  I was finally was able to find time and go through all the Wren pics and sort them....save the ones I wanted to keep and delete the rest. I took over 1,500 pics overall over the past month+ so it took some time. I just posted the pics of the babies HERE  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I got my two trees and wreath yesterday. I really like them a lot and will use them in my fall decorating. My only complaint is the plastic greenery. I just don't care for it but the wreath will be high enough I don't think anyone will notice.

This is the kind of stuff I would like to see more of. It is elegant and not too glittery and beautiful enough to stand on it's own without illumination.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the new urn tree & wreath and Lisa's wreath from several years ago which was more of a champagne color. The other pieces of hers haven't been available for years, so I've used Valerie's fruit.

Since I decorate my tree with sugared fruit I have used the champagne on my coffee table in November then switched to the Valerire beaded fruit in December.

When I put these new ones in my dining room they really picked up pale gold from my chairs and look beautiful. The topiary is nicer than Valerie's since it has an urn.I hated to put them away!

The Christmas season is short .I've really enjoyed the fruit for both Holidays.

Lisa made a remark once about not decorating for Christmas,decorate for Holiday! 

(Also, the tree is a Bethlehem lights slimline & only takes 20 minutes to decorate)!