Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill's sneak peek for 7/25

@TenderMercies wrote:

I'm safe!  It looks like mostly old stuff.  Has anyone seen the new Mirage tapers?  Any thoughts on these?

@TenderMercies  I have both the Luminara and Mirage tapers from last year and I am not crazy about either.  They just don't look right from the sides, just a piece of flat plastic.  I'm hoping they can find a way to make them where they look more realistic from all sides. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

I'm safe!  It looks like mostly old stuff.  Has anyone seen the new Mirage tapers?  Any thoughts on these?

@TenderMercies  I have both the Luminara and Mirage tapers from last year and I am not crazy about either.  They just don't look right from the sides, just a piece of flat plastic.  I'm hoping they can find a way to make them where they look more realistic from all sides. 

@lucymo That's my issue with these, too.  I would need to feature them somewhere against a wall and possibly up high where they wouldn't be so obvious.  I also wonder if these are possibly plastic, because the product description doesn't mention wax.  The price is great, though.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Dang, not on Facebook, can't see the pictures.

Any new candles or pedestals?

@ChiliPepper  Did you try the link? I would think you could still view the album...

@Susan Louise

No, not this time for some reason. Thanks though! 

:-)

@ChiliPepper, That link isn't working for me this time via my galaxy tablet.

All I have to do, though, is use Chrome to search Valerie Parr Hill Facebook, and click on the proper link.  

When into her FB page, scroll down a bit to her post about the latest sneak peek, then click on the first pic under it, the poinsettia pic.   Then you can scroll through all of them.  HTH

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR

Thanks Shopr! I'll try that.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@lucymo That's my issue with these, too.  I would need to feature them somewhere against a wall and possibly up high where they wouldn't be so obvious.  I also wonder if these are possibly plastic, because the product description doesn't mention wax.  The price is great, though.

@TenderMercies  I'm also not really fond of the patterns on candles.  While these look nice I prefer solid colors on my tapers.  Just me, I guess. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper, The ability to view parts of her pages varies by device, I guess.  On my laptop now, The link above works.  Hope you can get in one way or another.

Esteemed Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise ~ Thank you for the heads up!  I think she's bringing in some really, really nice things this year!  Too nice, lol!!!  So, here is my list of wants ~ I like the fruit and ornament garland.  This would look great above our kitchen sink and could be left out all winter.  Maybe add some clear or red fairy lights (highly recommend those, by the way).  I like the matching wreath and swag, and love the little tree with fruit.  That would be perfect on top of our vintage oak kitchen table.  I already bought the cardinals, and I think I might pick up the poinsettias and buckets.  I love poinsettias but never get them because of the dogs.  These would be perfect!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

http://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/h/01/h212301.004?$aemprodgallery$

Side view of bucket.

@SHOPR  I hope it is as good as it looks.