Honored Contributor

Not at all impressed.

Just plain boring.

And to create some real impact with varying sizes, would cost a fortune to buy multiple sets..........for boring smooth candles in wierd shades (several of them).

At least they could have offered a set with one of each size.

This is CIJ, couldn't they do any better than this?

Respected Contributor

I think the colors weren't meant to be holiday colors.  There are plenty of those.  But I do agree about the sets offered.  Unless you're specifically looking for one set in one size, it would be expensive to create a look.

Trusted Contributor

They look so thin and flimsy.  The colors are boring, they run on C instead of the usual D batteries, and they just look silly on VPH's new pedestals.  It's going to be a long day of looking at those every hour.

Frequent Contributor

Not impressed either.  I guess if you really LOVE Luminara and wanted to give them as gifts it would be fine, but meh.

I was hoping they would bring back their lighted candles you can put on a tree from two years ago that they sold during their CIJ.  I know I can now buy them on other places on the internet, but I was hoping they might bring them back and put them on a sale price.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember negative reviews when the 3" diameters first came out.  People felt the Luminara quality look was lacking.  My mom now has them from as-is, and they're nice and work well, but are basic in style.  

I thought we'd be seeing the 360s in the 3" diameter by now.   

I just don't see the value of this TSV, but others may see the value and have a need for them.

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

They look so thin and flimsy.  The colors are boring, they run on C instead of the usual D batteries, and they just look silly on VPH's new pedestals.  It's going to be a long day of looking at those every hour.

@RazorSharp, I'm watching Jim Shore and just saw one on the set, on Valerie's new pedestal.  I agree, not a good combination, because the pedestals are too wide.

Honored Contributor

Very meh! & too expensive.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp, I'm watching Jim Shore and just saw one on the set, on Valerie's new pedestal.  I agree, not a good combination, because the pedestals are too wide.

I watched the initial presentation last night and they kept referring to putting these on the Valerie pedestals, even showed them like that a time or two.

It looked so bad, with that thin candle on that fat pedestal.

Add the right ring, and it might pass, but it really felt like Jane was grasping for straws last night to convince us how wonderful this TSV is.

Esteemed Contributor

Really like  that the top of the candle is not flat but the flat solid wax look is a problem,  I am intrigued by luminara but my CI candles that are 3 inches and flat wax look cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone ... I was ready to order the 6 inch candles but, after reading these posts I realized how "skinny" a 3 inch candles is ..... I don't think it will look good on a sizeable pedestal so, I will not be ordering them .... have a great day!!! 😄