Valued Contributor

I thought I might buy them because I could wrap them in wood bark sheets I found in the hobby store.  But I decided not to buy, I would be settling for something less than I want, and settling for less tends to be donated sooner than later. Besides, those colors are eyebrow raising, not even included is just white. 

The description says vanilla scented, but I've heard on the presentation they are unscented (won't harm birds). So which is it? No, I don't have a bird, but  I have sent back supposedly unscented luminara before because of the scent emitting from them.

Frequent Contributor

@RazorSharp  Thank you so much!  Very helpful.  Also  loved the chocolate finials you pointed out.  Very rich looking!  Thanks for your insight!

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV (CIJ) Luminara set

[ Edited ]

Well, I am the lone one who actually bought the TSV, the 8" chocolate.  I have a very large wide lantern bought at zulily in which I plan to put three-four of the candles for my Fall decor.  Right now, it is holding two grey Mirage candles which go well with my Summer Fairy garden, pictures  which I plan to post when I can remember to take them. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@Mominohio  Thank for your recommendations- will check them out!

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl

Now, what you are doing sounds nice! Grouping them together in one lantern I've seen and I love that look!

Plus they've sold 30,000 sets I think, so you're not alone. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio - THANK YOU for that info.  I was going to ask if anyone had the mirage and how they liked them compared to the Luminara.  CI has always made wonderful flameless candles, I just hadn't seen the Mirage up close and personal.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of Mirage, does anyone else think that the new ones with holly and poinsettia designs look retro? I watched a video of them from yesterday and I kept thinking how much the designs reminded me of early childhood Christmas decorations, things my mother and grandmothers would have displayed.  Early 1970s.  

Not a criticism, just an observation.  I wanted to buy one for nostalgia.  LOL.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Speaking of Mirage, does anyone else think that the new ones with holly and poinsettia designs look retro? I watched a video of them from yesterday and I kept thinking how much the designs reminded me of early childhood Christmas decorations, things my mother and grandmothers would have had displayed.  Early 1970s.  

Not a criticism, just an observation.  I wanted to buy one for nostalgia.  LOL.

@SHOPR Yeah, I got that vibe, too.  I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be retro, or if they were just tacky.  They do remind me of decor from the late 60'/early 70's, but they never referenced that in the presentation.  They probably should have.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my Luminara candles that I have purchased from QVC in the past, however, they would probably get more orders if they would offer UNSCENTED white or ivory as part of the TSV. I was ready to order 2 sets of the 8" candles today, until they mentioned a light vanilla scent.  Too many holiday scents that compete with eachother in smaller living spaces.  We don't all live in sprawling mcmansions!  Please QVC, offer more unscented Luminara in the near future.  Also agree with other post that an assortment of sizes would have been wonderful.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mominohio - THANK YOU for that info.  I was going to ask if anyone had the mirage and how they liked them compared to the Luminara.  CI has always made wonderful flameless candles, I just hadn't seen the Mirage up close and personal.

@Buck-i-Nana

Last year at this time, I did several quite extensive reviews here about the Mirage.

The one thing that I did want people to know, who are very familiar with Luminara and it's wick and movement, is that the Mirage is different.

The Luminara wick has a light shining on it and the wick bounces and moves. The Mirage has the wick stationary, while it is the light that makes the look of the movement.

In general the Luminaras have more movement (almost too much for many of mine), and some of my Luminaras actually make a clicking sound as they bounce.

The Mirage 'dance of the flame' is much more subdued. Some people like that, and some people don't. 

Quite frankly, I would pick the Mirage over a Luminara any day based on the battery life, the cost, and the programmable timers. It is usually the size/style/color,finish that first attracts us to a candle, so of course that has to be considered as well, but I just think the Mirage are a much better deal, and better overall quality in general. And so much cheaper!!