Honored Contributor

Started Fall decorating...

[ Edited ]

...and I hope to be finished by the end of the day. The 1st vignette I completed is on top of our fridge. I used a dried flower arrangement I made in 2013 and have been using it every year since. 

Back in 2013 & 2014 I used it on our pantry. In 2015 & 2016 I paired it with a red Luminara lantern and an owl on top of our fridge...and in 2017 & 2018 with swans...

Here's the vignette from last year...

P3920337.JPG

This year I used the VPH bunny w/lantern I have had on top of our fridge since early Spring and saw no reason to take it down. The amber light on the inside of the lantern also adds a touch of Fall and pairs great with the pumpkins. Below are pics with the lights on and and then off...

P4860869.JPG

P4860894.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Re: Started Fall decorating...

Love Love Love it all @Susan Louise 

I hate to say that I only have a very large electric griddle that I rarely use

sitting on top of my fridge.   

I have cabinets over my fridge so I couldn't put anything tall on top, but I

can do better than a griddle.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

Love Love Love it all @Susan Louise 

I hate to say that I only have a very large electric griddle that I rarely use

sitting on top of my fridge.   

I have cabinets over my fridge so I couldn't put anything tall on top, but I

can do better than a griddle.  Woman LOL

@yellowrose  Thank you!  

As for the griddle...why move it, just decorate it! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Pretty. I'll be getting my Fall decor out of my storage building this weekend.

Honored Contributor

That charming vignette, anchored by bunny with lantern, captures the mysterious, swirly-leaved magic of fall...

Contributor

You guys are killing me....I live in the south, and my family gives me a hard time if I decorated before the middle of September. It feels odd to be swimming in 90-degree heat and looking pumpkins as I float by.

It takes me two weeks to pull everything down from the attic and pack all my summer decor up and put my fall stuff up. I am so ready!  Seeing all the fall decor makes me want to start. 

Esteemed Contributor

🎃🍁🎃🍁🎃🍁🎃🍁 So pretty

Honored Contributor

Pretty. I can’t bring myself to decorate for fall until late September, or even October. August and September are our hottest months, regularly 100 and over.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JYWilliams   @Oznell  @godi  @bikerbabe   Thank you all Smiley Happy

@Oznell  You have a way with words...have you ever dabbled into poetry?

@Mazie G  Boy, I wish I was swimming in a pool...and seeing pumpkins while floating by wouldn't bother me in the least...LOL...lucky you! Smiley Very Happy

I was just determined to be finished with Fall decorating before all the Fall decor shows tomorrow. It helps tremendously on saving money from buying decor I don't need and be content with what we already have. I'll be able to sit and watch the shows w/o buying. It's also good to have gone through all the decor to refresh one's mind on what one already has...

Additionally, I like to have the decor finished before the end of the 2nd week of August anyway so I can concentrate on other things like spending more time on our patio & porch documenting our migrating hummingbird visitors. As each day passes now the more frequent the number of visits/hummers there are...

I've also had most of the Spring/Summer decor up since the end of January, so it was time for a change. I'll put up holiday decor the day after Thanksgiving.

Valued Contributor

Nicely done.  I have the same bunny and one of the swans like you have, so you have given me some inspiration for how to use them when I decorate for fall.  I can't wait!  I'm not a summertime gal.