Honored Contributor

Re: Started Fall decorating...

[ Edited ]

I burned a lot of scented candles yesterday morning because the day started off cool and overcast.  

Doing that inspired me to display my scented eucalyptus stems in my yellow Le Creuset pitcher that lives on my kitchen table.  I also added some willow branches and a couple of artificial decorative branches to the mix.  

I think I am enjoying exactly what nature and weather are bringing me.  At the moment, the weather is acting like fall.  That doesn't mean summer is shortened.  Why can't we have both?

Life is not "either/or," it is "both/and."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I burned a lot of scented candles yesterday morning because the day started off cool and overcast.  

Doing that inspired me to display my scented eucalyptus stems in my yellow Le Creuset pitcher that lives on my kitchen table.  I also added some willow branches and a couple of artificial decorative branches to the mix.  

I think I am enjoying exactly what nature and weather are bringing me.  At the moment, the weather is acting like fall.  That doesn't mean summer is shortened.  Why can't we have both?

Life is not "either/or," it is "both/and."

@GingerPeach 

I like that philosophy!  It has been hot, hot, hot this week and I know that there is much more to come but I so enjoyed Valerie's shows this week.  Anticipation is fun and there is nothing wrong with that!!

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

It's still summer here (mid-Michigan). I'm not that eager to fast-forward through life.

-----------------

In the Southwest, we are still high 90'to low 100's.  It is hot here and has been since May.  Am ready for cooler weather, but keep my Americana decor up until after Labor Day.   Don't really do Halloween anymore, so fall decor doesn't come out until mid Oct when we will still be in the 80's!!!

Occasional Contributor

I live in the South too and for some reason this year I am looking forward to fall decorating more than I have in previous years. Some years I get tired of the heat and humidity earlier than others and this is one of those years but will restrain myself till after Labor Day 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mazie G wrote:

You guys are killing me....I live in the south, and my family gives me a hard time if I decorated before the middle of September. It feels odd to be swimming in 90-degree heat and looking pumpkins as I float by.

It takes me two weeks to pull everything down from the attic and pack all my summer decor up and put my fall stuff up. I am so ready!  Seeing all the fall decor makes me want to start. 

@Mazie G   LOL!   I wait until September, and it takes me weeks also, putting away, and getting things out, then deciding how to create my displays.

I also live in the South.  Fall AND Christmas decor has already been out at Hobby Lobby.  I love the Fall but we don't get much of it where I live.  I went grocery shopping today and they had out these large ceramic pumpkins.  It's so hard to think about Fall when it's 95 degrees here and my family is in the pool.  Wish it got cooler faster.

Respected Contributor

SO pretty!!  I cant wait to decorate for Fall! My Favorite Season Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Once Labor Day has passed and the school is back in session, I will be joining the group of Fall Decorating. Favorite time of the year. Please let the cool weather match the calendar this year!

Respected Contributor

I hope those of you have better luck with the bunny and the lantern. The glass plates kept falling out and were a pain to shake it to get them back in place. Any time bumped a bit  the sides fell out. Last week it quit working. I had it under my eves on the deck. It was so cute and disappointed. Maybe better inside the house.