Trusted Contributor

I received my three lanterns today (two purchased for gifts).  I'm tryng out the cream color first.  The finish looks like metal and I think will hold up better for outside use than metal would.  It's got a good weight to it.  I like the proportion of the three candle sizes as well as the proportion of the candles in relation to the size of the inside volume of the lantern.  The only thing I don't care for is that the three candles flicker together, but that is because there is only one battery box.   Overall I like the look and think it's a good value.  Tomorrow I'll open the bronze ones.

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of CI TSV lanterns

I'm glad you like yours too. I wrote a review here too, and I know that lack of three random flickers is really bothersome to some people, but because of the size of the lantern, it just doesn't draw my attention that it is even happening. 

I have the bronze on my back deck and it looks great. Still waiting for my ivory one. 

I think for the price they simply can't be beat, at this time. Will see how they hold up over time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the white one today.  I was really surprised how big (tall) the lantern is -- I didn't really pay attention to the presentations for the particulars.

Anyway, I purchased for my patio/enclosed lanai area.  I decided to use it on top of my hutch .. it looks great!  I put the other lantern out there.

As for the candles flickering I don't think I noticed this until I read here.  Mine doesn't appear this way ...maybe because the "light" is reflecting off other items.

I think for the price it is great deal & no one would ever think it was "resin" vs. metal.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Waiting to receive the two I ordered.  Encouraged by both of your reviews.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I received my gray one today.  I will be honest, I had forgotten it was resin until I just read about it here.  I thought it was metal!  I do love the gray, but now I have to consider whether I need a red one also.   The size is fantastic!

The flickering doesn't bother me.  I guess if I steady stare at it and watch, but who does that?

All in all I think it was a great buy and I am so glad I purchased it.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if the candles can be removed (by removing screws) and other candles be used? I know even if they can that sometimes the bottom isn't flat. TIA

Trusted Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

Does anyone know if the candles can be removed (by removing screws) and other candles be used? I know even if they can that sometimes the bottom isn't flat. TIA

I just looked at the base and there are 4 screws holding it on to the top of the lantern.  I think if you remove the screws, the entire candle grouping would come off, but you wouldn't have a base to the lantern.  It would function more like a cloche.

Trusted Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

I received my three lanterns today (two purchased for gifts).  I'm tryng out the cream color first.  The finish looks like metal and I think will hold up better for outside use than metal would.  It's got a good weight to it.  I like the proportion of the three candle sizes as well as the proportion of the candles in relation to the size of the inside volume of the lantern.  The only thing I don't care for is that the three candles flicker together, but that is because there is only one battery box.   Overall I like the look and think it's a good value.  Tomorrow I'll open the bronze ones.

@Mominohio- I didn't realize there was a previous thread on this.  Maybe the reviewers preordered with the advanced email.  Sounds like most people are happy with theirs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can these lanterns be exposed to weather....like outside in all conditions?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Can these lanterns be exposed to weather....like outside in all conditions?

They are sold as indoor and outdoor @Mom2Dogs

I have one outside now, right in the open elements on the back deck. 

I'm interested to see if the paint on resin thing works well, and doesn't fade or peel off. 

I guess only a year or two of use will tell for sure.