Trusted Contributor

Re: Review of CI TSV lanterns

@DecorDiva wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

Does anyone know if the candles can be removed (by removing screws) and other candles be used? I know even if they can that sometimes the bottom isn't flat. TIA

I just looked at the base and there are 4 screws holding it on to the top of the lantern.  I think if you remove the screws, the entire candle grouping would come off, but you wouldn't have a base to the lantern.  It would function more like a cloche.

@DecorDiva

Thank you so much! That's very helpful. It's such a beautiful lantern.

Honored Contributor

Quick update

My mom got an ivory delivered and it has to go back. The latching system on the door won't open, mostly because the two parts of the latch are mounted so off kilter (they should be exactly opposite one another, but are not), that the whole thing is jammed up. 

I received my ivory one and it seems perfect. 

I'm really anxious to see how well these hold up over time. 

Still have a red on on check hold, and trying to decide if I need one that big in that exact color, because I don't think I'd use it for more than just holiday.

Super Contributor

Wondering if anyone has had a problem with their lantern? I received mine in gray. Love it. Put in the batteries worked fine. Two weeks ago it stopped working. Thought the batteries burned out but youre supposed to get 500 hours I thought they said? Anyway, changed the batteries and it is still not working. It is well beyond the 30 days to return. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@curlygirl13 wrote:

Wondering if anyone has had a problem with their lantern? I received mine in gray. Love it. Put in the batteries worked fine. Two weeks ago it stopped working. Thought the batteries burned out but youre supposed to get 500 hours I thought they said? Anyway, changed the batteries and it is still not working. It is well beyond the 30 days to return. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

@curlygirl13

Check with QVC

I believe these were under the longer return policy for January 31, 2019. 

I think they were a CIJ TSV, and were on Christmas in.....shows even after that. And if purchased after about Sept 25, it will qualify. Definitely call Customer Service and let them look it up to see if you qualify.

You may qualify for the extended return on this one which will be either a replacement free of charge or a refund and you will not have to pay any shipping charges either way for it because it is defective.

Valued Contributor

@curlygirl13 You have until january 31st to return.

Honored Contributor

Is this H214793 that you all are talking about? I bought it in March 2018, mine has been outdoors ever since, replaced the batteries once. It's still working fine, with no issues with the finish. HTH
"To each their own, in all things".