Honored Contributor

Re: QVC excusing poor quality

@DecorDiva wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

I'm watching Dan presenting Valerie's glitter lanterns and the door of the church is noticeably  crooked.  Dan said he liked it "just a little askew" as it gives a perception of depth with the height of the steeple.   Really?  If I received this, it would go right back as defective!

Good catch.  I noticed that also.  Don't forget the TSV ring pic I posted.  Here they are if you missed these:

ring2.jpeg

And another

ring1.jpeg

@bigtraps wrote:

@DecorDiva wrote:

I'm watching Dan presenting Valerie's glitter lanterns and the door of the church is noticeably  crooked.  Dan said he liked it "just a little askew" as it gives a perception of depth with the height of the steeple.   Really?  If I received this, it would go right back as defective!

Good catch.  I noticed that also.  Don't forget the TSV ring pic I posted.  Here they are if you missed these:

ring2.jpeg

And another

ring1.jpeg

Wow!  Two defective pieces in one presentation?  That doesn't speak well to the percentages of bad items.

shows no one is paying attention at all, they could turn those rings around to hide the missing stone at the very least, the fact that 2 of the rings went on air like that isn't good

Regular Contributor

Re: QVC host excusing poor quality

last week they were selling VPH's wrought iron three candle piece. The one at her house had a noticeably crooked hurricane. Her quality hasn't been great for years which is why I don't bother. I bought some Easter product about ten years ago and the painting on it was appalling bad with smears, etc. That was the last VPH product I purchased.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties I’m not at all sure what they’re selling today is really that much worse than in the past.  For example, I bought my first and only Valerie item in the 1990’s and returned it as defective.  Once I ordered Citiknits and put them in return mail the day they arrived.  Around that same time I returned a strand of Joan Rivers beads when it fell apart coming out of the packaging.  Sometime early in the 2000’s I returned several pieces of Ripka.  I don’t remember what they cost but if I had seen them in a store i wouldn’t have paid $19.99 for the pair!

All of those purchases preceded my finding the Forums.   I think some might even have preceded WiFi in my house.   Add to that my feeling that nostalgia erases the bad and magnifies the good very often and we have a perfect storm for QVC this year.   Just adding our feeling that they used to be perfect when it wasn’t even close to true to the pandemic plus their own new failings and I get why people are frustrated.

However I also think those of us who use the forums often get a sense no one is at all happy with what they’re ordering, when it arrives, etc.  Yet when I do read here I see hundreds of purchases mentioned and when I watch, I hear thousands of items ordered in some shows.

I’m not ordering anything now because I want to move soon but once that’s accomplished I’ll still give QVC a try. I didn’t run into any delivery issues during the 6 months of the past year when I was ordering and didn’t have to return anything I bought in those months.  That seems to put me with the majority of QVC customers if not the majority of Forum posters.

Esteemed Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@DecorDiva  I was casually interested in these until I got a chance to see these up close at HL yesterday. Pretty cheaply made.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Ive stopped buying imported junk from China. I have a basement full of it, some never even opened dating back 20 years.  Time to purge and never buy again from that country.

You having stuff unopened in your basement for 20 years is not China's fault. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understood it as Dan meaning the Church was placed at an angle and not face forward straight to give more depth perception. I don't see a defect in the clip online.

I have seen poor painting /crooked placement on Old World temptation pieces on air multiple times. Id consider Fliral lace over Old World everytime for that reason alone. .... and those rings omg...production associates letting that on air...,shameful. Yes at least turn them over! 

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear  Last week, when these pics of the missing stones appeared, someone tried to put a spin on it by saying it was 'bad lighting' and cast a 'shadow' to make it appear that stones were missing. 😆 Nice try, but, No. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@jackthebear  Last week, when these pics of the missing stones appeared, someone tried to put a spin on it by saying it was 'bad lighting' and cast a 'shadow' to make it appear that stones were missing. 😆 Nice try, but, No. 

LOL @Mimi 1883 now that's too funny- bad lighting and cast a shadow .... hahahaha oh yeah and you can see "skin" where the stone or piece of plastic was..  Smiley Wink

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

These not-so-perfect items showing up last week and today (and other times, as well) should alert QVC that they may want to put someone in charge of inspecting the items for on-air presentations Before they make it on-air. Hopefully, someone with 'attention to detail'.

Dan, being the seasoned host that he is, knew how to quickly put a spin on the defect. Didn't really work, but he tried. I wonder if whoever placed that item for an on-air example was told to be more careful next time? Obviously, the person who set it up didn't see a problem.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I have alrways said that Dan never steered me in the wrong direction, sold me products that I have been using for years, but I don't like that he tried to make a defective item pass as fine, though at least he mentioned it, probably because it was so obvious.

It isn't the first time defects have been noticed by viewers in the presentations.  I am expecting two items tomorrow that reviewers have posted is lopsided, so am anticipating having to return them before I even receive them, but am hoping that mine will not be lopsided.

Showing two rings with missing stones is further proof that there is no quality control, the fact nobody noticed this.