Honored Contributor

Re: QVC host excusing poor quality

Yet people snatch up these items often within minutes of them being introduced.  The pious swear they'll no long buy imported merchandise EXCEPT when it comes to decorative holiday items.  You've made Valerie a very wealthy woman.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC excusing poor quality

@Reever Really? You've got stuff unopened dating back 20 years? Sounds like a problem.

Honored Contributor

I heard David talk about pre-production meetings and all the prep that goes into these shows....yet they let those rings go on with missing stones....What happened with the Production Crew ?!?!?!?  SMH!!!

Ive also seened badly wrinkled clothes shown in presentations.....one vendor wasnt too happy either.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I belong to a Facebook page for fans of Valerie's merchandise and there are alot of complaints this year of stuff arriving broken, sloppy paint jobs and cheaply made.

Most of the time the admin. deletes the posts...

Alot of those lanterns stop working or the fans make alot of noise...

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I think they use the items that are defective as props in the show since they cannot send those out to customers anyway.  

Perhaps they just discard the items or send them straight to the outlet.

Yes, the customers expect the ones they receive to be high quality without problems.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I have alrways said that Dan never steered me in the wrong direction, sold me products that I have been using for years, but I don't like that he tried to make a defective item pass as fine, though at least he mentioned it, probably because it was so obvious.

It isn't the first time defects have been noticed by viewers in the presentations.  I am expecting two items tomorrow that reviewers have posted is lopsided, so am anticipating having to return them before I even receive them, but am hoping that mine will not be lopsided.

Showing two rings with missing stones is further proof that there is no quality control, the fact nobody noticed this.

Dan is from Indiana and posesses quality Midwestern Values. He is honest and not deceptive and will steer you in the right direction. Been a fan of his sensibility for many years and appreciate his self deprecating sense of humor.  Dan's ego does not get in the way of his presentations.  Just a wonderful human being and QVC is blessed to have him. Im sure he pointed out the charm of the item, not believing it was a defect.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I have alrways said that Dan never steered me in the wrong direction, sold me products that I have been using for years, but I don't like that he tried to make a defective item pass as fine, though at least he mentioned it, probably because it was so obvious.

It isn't the first time defects have been noticed by viewers in the presentations.  I am expecting two items tomorrow that reviewers have posted is lopsided, so am anticipating having to return them before I even receive them, but am hoping that mine will not be lopsided.

Showing two rings with missing stones is further proof that there is no quality control, the fact nobody noticed this.

Dan is from Indiana and posesses quality Midwestern Values. He is honest and not deceptive and will steer you in the right direction. Been a fan of his sensibility for many years and appreciate his self deprecating sense of humor.  Dan's ego does not get in the way of his presentations.  Just a wonderful human being and QVC is blessed to have him. Im sure he pointed out the charm of the item, not believing it was a defect.

@Reever   He knew it was a defect, have you ever tried to close a lantern door that is off kilter, almost impossible.  I do believe that he didn't realize it until he saw it before presenting, and was in a spot, so made the best of it, but really, an off center door to anything is a defect.

Edited:  I see now that it was the door of the church that was off kilter, not the lantern door, still a defect.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC excusing poor quality

@bigtraps 

Woah!  Good catch.  That is quite pitiful.  I love my QVC, but that is a serious quality control oversight to allow defective items to be shown on air.

I've stopped watching jewelry shows simply because I've worked from home full-time for the past 5 years and most days don't even bother wearing it.  I have to remind myself to wear earrings so my pierced ears don't close up!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

When are we Americans going to decide that we'd rather buy one product of good quality made in the USA rather than two cruddy quality items manufactured off-shore? Until we decide that our people deserve to be paid adequately for the work they do, we will be held hostage by the cheaper-the-better folks who offer us substandard products.

Super Contributor

Yes, wrinkled clothes. Models wearing the wrong size mostly too small.... i've noticed a few times models coming out with something that Was sold out ...a particular color or accessory or pattern....the models are told to go change or pick up another color....