Honored Contributor

Re: Pics of my CIJ items. Need some opinions too. :)

@crazycockermom wrote:

@ripka junkie wrote:

I love your mom's plate is is very nice and works well woth the color you choose

in VP gold hurricane nd will work well for fall one, too.

Valeries pedestal is pretty too and gives your hurricane a different look,

and I really like both. 

I like symmetry so I love the top of your cabinet.

I  purchased 2 the large lanterns in white, I really like the versitality.

And by the wayl, those Magnolia white picks,  I will get later today.

I got the one set of red and they are very big and full.  I use silver only in kitchen, breakfast and the bar/media room. 

I am goin get hubby  to help me post today, maybe.

Thank you ripka junkie!   I like that I have options for the gold hurricane.  My main dilemma is if I'm going to use the plate, I only need one hurricane.  If I think I might ever use the pedestals, I'd want two.  Aargh.  I did think about getting another gold and if I don't use it I can gift it. 

The swans have a new home on top of that cabinet now.  I like symmetry and balance too, so thanks.

Those lanterns are great.   Is the white a pure white or more off white?  I'm considering one for my living room.  

Glad you like the red picks.  I hope you like the white ones as much.  I have a few silver things I put up but most of my stuff is gold, copper, bronze, warm tones...so if I get any it'd be the white.  Do you think they are best for Christmas or could you see using them year round or what?

Looking forward to your reviews and pics when you get to it.  Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom  The white lantern is a beautiful white, not a stark, bright white.  I have two small that I display during Easter/Spring.

Valued Contributor

@crazycockermom  We are having the same problem with rain. As soon as we get ready to do some yard work, clouds come rushing in and the bottom drops out of them. My yard is a disaster.

I love everything you purchased. Your house will be lovely for Christmas.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  Here is a pic of one of my Luminara white lanterns.DSCF4117.JPG

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom  Here is a pic of one of my Luminara white lanterns.DSCF4117.JPG

Beautiful!   Thanks for the pic and for describing the white.  I'll have to think about it as I've spent so much lately.  What popped out in your pic is those two sweet Jim Shore ducks.  I saw a pic once and have wanted them ever since.  Where did you find them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Beautiful!   Thanks for the pic and for describing the white.  I'll have to think about it as I've spent so much lately.  What popped out in your pic is those two sweet Jim Shore ducks.  I saw a pic once and have wanted them ever since.  Where did you find them?

@crazycockermom  Ebay.  There better prices there and look for free ship.  I just bought a few pieces that are for sale here, but for less there.

Respected Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

@crazycockermom  We are having the same problem with rain. As soon as we get ready to do some yard work, clouds come rushing in and the bottom drops out of them. My yard is a disaster.

I love everything you purchased. Your house will be lovely for Christmas.

That stinks you're having the same problem.  DH looked at the weather report this morning and said it was going to rain very soon. We immediately rushed out and mowed the wet grass that hadn't dried from the night before.  A mess, but we finished in the nick of time.  Now it's raining.  So glad we got it done, but like you, I have disaster areas.  Weeds are out of control and a lot of trimming needs to be done.   While earlier in the season we needed the rain, lately everything is a wet mess.  Yuck. 

Anyway, enough about rain and yard work.  Thank your for your kind comments!

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom  Ebay.  there are better prices there and look for free ship.  I just bought a few pieces that are for sale here, but for less there.

Thanks!   I have never bought from eBay before.  May have to check it out.  

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom  Ebay.  there are better prices there and look for free ship.  I just bought a few pieces that are for sale here, but for less there.

Thanks!   I have never bought from eBay before.  May have to check it out.  

@crazycockermom  I just remembered that I bought the ducks on amazon, and they are still available.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl

amazon, really?   Didn't know you could get something like that there.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks so much!!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl

amazon, really?   Didn't know you could get something like that there.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks so much!!

@crazycockermom  You can get just about anything on amazon, but ebay has more and vintage.