Honored Contributor

Valerie's Illuminated Jungle Bells-H209798-Defective!

I got these today (the only thing I ordered from CIJ), for my daughter.

Once I put the batteries in, and closed the battery box, I couldn't get it opened again! It also took me a long time to close it!

My daughter didn't like it-too sparkly, kind of garish gold lots of sparkles and the bow wasn't like on tv.

I would have kept it if I could have gotten the box back open. I finally got my batteries back with a knife stuck into the side.

Also the battery box is very heavy and I don't know where you would hang it. It just hangs from a wire.

Disappointing. It really is cheaply made.

I'm returning it and requesting refund of shipping both ways.

I wanted to warn others.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Illuminated Jungle Bells-H209798-Defective!

[ Edited ]

@on the bay- I posted a review of this in the Christmas in July thread a few hours ago. 

This item is one of the worst purchases I've ever made from QVC. I didn't even try to put the batteries in. I pulled it out of the box, played with the bow a little and back in the box it went.  In my opinion, it was a really cheap looking item. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Oh no.  Sorry it didn't work out.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh-I just saw your review and posted one too and that I agreed with you!

Yes I was really surprised how cheap and garish it looked. 

I'm thinkg like others have said that Valerie's things now can be very hit or miss.

This didn't even measure up to dollar store stuff, right?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay@gidgetgh, oh no!!!! I received mine today but haven't opened the box yet. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

@gidgetgh-I just saw your review and posted one too and that I agreed with you!

Yes I was really surprised how cheap and garish it looked. 

I'm thinkg like others have said that Valerie's things now can be very hit or miss.

This didn't even measure up to dollar store stuff, right?!

@on the bay I know this is secondary, but I was surprised at how small the shipping box was. And the item was just crammed in there. Horrible. Even dollar store would be better quality. 

She brings in some ok things but I stand by my "what were they thinking with this one". 

The bells were really lightweight. The gold color was an off color. And the glitter....

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

This is second complaint I have seen in days on VPH products - she must have a new manufacturer - a cheaper one.  Sad, her products used to be great.  I think once they start making money, they look for ways to cut corners to line their own pockets.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay thanks for the review.  I think we're all on notice now for the upcoming VPH items....disappointing.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I had to go look to see what this was.  I don't remember seeing it during her shows.  There seems to be more and more shoddy merchandise every year.  Valerie has started saying what shade of gold some of her items are but she should have mentioned that with the bells.  Sorry that so many are disappointed with the purchase.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised at the small box too-stuffed in there-You worte exactly what I was thinking too!Smiley Happy @gidgetgh