Trusted Contributor

Re: Obsessed With This Pottery Barn Display

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21   Me, too.  Saw it last week and because I love lthe color lavender and liac I can't get it out of my head.   Thanks for posting.  Our family really enjoys Pottery Barn products-baby-kids-teen and regular. 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I saw it on an Instagram ad with the lilacs and just a few bunnies. I actually prefer that to this one with so much going on. But this was the only downloadable photo I could find.

The lilac stems are $31 each, that's a discount right now. Bunnies are around the same price. 

essex-bunny-c.jpgfaux-lilac-stem-1-c.jpgfaux-lilac-stem-c.jpg

So how many do you think are in this bucket 20-25? At $31 each that comes to $620- $775. Love this but don't love it that much. 

Super Contributor

I really know how you feel about not having a store near you. Do you have a floral wholesale store near you? They all buy from the same manufacturers, if so they may have it. I use to work in a flower shop and we have one that do sale retail to people. I wish you luck in finding the rabbits. These same wholesalers sale the bunnies also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21   I saw the lilac stems online and would love to have the vase full pictured, inagine what that would cost, but the cost per stem is outrageous, aimed at the rich.  I think $14.95 per stem is a lot, so try to get them on sale.  I have an enormous faux flower collection so know what they cost, should cost.

To top it off, they can only be picked up at a store, and they are not available at all stores, so if one isn't near, they cannot be bought.

Trusted Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I saw it on an Instagram ad with the lilacs and just a few bunnies. I actually prefer that to this one with so much going on. But this was the only downloadable photo I could find.

The lilac stems are $31 each, that's a discount right now. Bunnies are around the same price. 

So how many do you think are in this bucket 20-25? At $31 each that comes to $620- $775. Love this but don't love it that much. 

@50Mickey wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@50Mickey 

I had seen it previously and thought the exact same thing! Absolutely beautiful though.

Valued Contributor

Thank goodness I do not have a Pottery Barn any where near me or I would be in trouble. I get into enough trouble with TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobbby.

Honored Contributor

I know as pictured it would be outrageously expensive. I'd have to do a different scaled down version, with just a few lilacs and mostly filler. Or replicate with cheaper flowers. 

I think PB is just posting a beautiful ad and it works. 

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I thought that display was lovely, too, so much so that I stopped by PB to check the stems out in person.  Maybe I wasn't in the right mood because, in person, the stems didn't seem as beautiful as in the picture.

I figured they probably wouldn't be. It's the photography and Photoshop they do. And the number of stems used, it's so lush.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

Those lilac stems are very pretty, but can you imagine the cost???  Yikes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

The Pottery Barn nearest to me is very small and doesn't ever have much. I usually purchase from them online. Love the flowers in the pic but as others have said.. too pricey.