Frequent Contributor

Natch, I missed the VERY END of the 6-9 pm St Pat's day show on QVC

I had my DVR set, but Jane and Stephen Walsh must have run a little bit over into Sandra's show. The DVR stopped recording at 9PM and I didn't get to see the very end. :-(

How'd they end the show, did all the vendor's come out for the ending, or was it

just Jane and Stephen saying goodbye?

What a great St. Patrick's Day, show, thanks QVC!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Natch, I missed the VERY END of the 6-9 pm St Pat's day show on QVC

[ Edited ]

I thought the end was a little short and rushed. Nothing like the old days when all the Irish vendors would come out and gather together for the finale. I think the last hour seemed very rushed. I waited all day to see Tim Moloney’s Irish art prints presented and it was a VERY short, rushed presentation. He’s a very talented guy with a great product, and I thought he deserved a better presentation. The last hour was just odd to me. 

That said, I was impressed with the new merchandise offered this year and I really enjoyed watching the presentations. Much better than last year. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for responding, Labluver!

Yes, it was unfortunate how Tim Moolney's presentation was cut short, he was so rushed, plus he was supposed to be painting while they did his presentation, that didn't happen. (or if it did happen, it was off camera) He wanted to talk about each print and Jane had to cut him off at the end. They should have just run over into Sandra's show with Susan Graver, we've seen that stuff a million times. :-(

So I take it all the vendor's didn't come out at the end like they have in year's past...

Trusted Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I thought the end was a little short and rushed. Nothing like the old days when all the Irish vendors would come out and gather together for the finale. I think the last hour seemed very rushed. I waited all day to see Tim Moloney’s Irish art prints presented and it was a VERY short, rushed presentation. He’s a very talented guy with a great product, and I thought he deserved a better presentation. The last hour was just odd to me. 

That said, I was impressed with the new merchandise offered this year and I really enjoyed watching the presentations. Much better than last year. 

I agree about Tim Moloney.  I was really enjoying his story about Director John Ford and his movie The Quiet Man.  I too miss QVC's past years on St. Patrick's Day.  I loved watching Jane interact with all of the Irish vendors.  It was great.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jaynah wrote:

Yes, it was unfortunate how Tim Moolney's presentation was cut short, he was so rushed, plus he was supposed to be painting while they did his presentation, that didn't happen. (or if it did happen, it was off camera) He wanted to talk about each print and Jane had to cut him off at the end. They should have just run over into Sandra's show with Susan Graver, we've seen that stuff a million times. :-(

So I take it all the vendor's didn't come out at the end like they have in year's past...

No, there was no Irish vendor group finale, no singing, that’s why I miss the old days. Just not the same. 

Frequent Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Jaynah wrote:

"No, there was no Irish vendor group finale, no singing, that’s why I miss the old days. Just not the same".

Labluver, lots of changes and not for the better, IMO. I always enjoyed the ending seeing everyone together singing us out at the end of the show! :-(

We'll see them all again during Rose of Tralee next August, hopefully, they can schedule the time better and do a proper closing! Fingers crossed, anyway! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jaynah 

Just Jane and Stephen, although he was his usual effusive self when thanking the customers and saying goodbye—in his big green hat!  (I got the feeling that maybe the Q didn’t want him wearing it during the day.)  

It was definitely better than last year.  Between the two channels, there was quite a few presentations.  I also got the feeling that they (QVC) are trying to “modernize” many of the Irish products.  The sweaters, for instance.  Many more trendy styles rather than traditional, much of which seems to be on clearance.

Frequent Contributor

geezerette - it was very nice of you to respond!

Thanks for telling me how the St. Patrick's Day show ended, next year I will

know to DVR the QVC scheduled show AFTER the St. Pat's Day finale show

in case it runs over into the next programmed show.

I don't know about Stephen not wearing the lepruchan hat. I like it, it adds to

the fun of the day.

I do know he got "scolded" once by QVC when he wrote an item

number on his hand. Smiley Very Happy (of a Connemara item that they were not going to present but he wanted to let the viewers know about its' availability)  Jane Treacy said he was told not to do that anymore. Smiley Frustrated