Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Obsessed With This Pottery Barn Display

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21   Me, too.  Saw it last week and because I love lthe color lavender and liac I can't get it out of my head.   Thanks for posting.  Our family really enjoys Pottery Barn products-baby-kids-teen and regular. 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I saw it on an Instagram ad with the lilacs and just a few bunnies. I actually prefer that to this one with so much going on. But this was the only downloadable photo I could find.

The lilac stems are $31 each, that's a discount right now. Bunnies are around the same price. 

essex-bunny-c.jpgfaux-lilac-stem-1-c.jpgfaux-lilac-stem-c.jpg

So how many do you think are in this bucket 20-25? At $31 each that comes to $620- $775. Love this but don't love it that much. 

Super Contributor

I really know how you feel about not having a store near you. Do you have a floral wholesale store near you? They all buy from the same manufacturers, if so they may have it. I use to work in a flower shop and we have one that do sale retail to people. I wish you luck in finding the rabbits. These same wholesalers sale the bunnies also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21   I saw the lilac stems online and would love to have the vase full pictured, inagine what that would cost, but the cost per stem is outrageous, aimed at the rich.  I think $14.95 per stem is a lot, so try to get them on sale.  I have an enormous faux flower collection so know what they cost, should cost.

To top it off, they can only be picked up at a store, and they are not available at all stores, so if one isn't near, they cannot be bought.

Trusted Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I saw it on an Instagram ad with the lilacs and just a few bunnies. I actually prefer that to this one with so much going on. But this was the only downloadable photo I could find.

The lilac stems are $31 each, that's a discount right now. Bunnies are around the same price. 

So how many do you think are in this bucket 20-25? At $31 each that comes to $620- $775. Love this but don't love it that much. 

@50Mickey wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@50Mickey 

I had seen it previously and thought the exact same thing! Absolutely beautiful though.

Valued Contributor

Thank goodness I do not have a Pottery Barn any where near me or I would be in trouble. I get into enough trouble with TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobbby.

Honored Contributor

I know as pictured it would be outrageously expensive. I'd have to do a different scaled down version, with just a few lilacs and mostly filler. Or replicate with cheaper flowers. 

I think PB is just posting a beautiful ad and it works. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I thought that display was lovely, too, so much so that I stopped by PB to check the stems out in person.  Maybe I wasn't in the right mood because, in person, the stems didn't seem as beautiful as in the picture.

I figured they probably wouldn't be. It's the photography and Photoshop they do. And the number of stems used, it's so lush.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Those lilac stems are very pretty, but can you imagine the cost???  Yikes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

The Pottery Barn nearest to me is very small and doesn't ever have much. I usually purchase from them online. Love the flowers in the pic but as others have said.. too pricey.