Trusted Contributor

Re: Many people say they will decorate heavily for holidays this year.....

I'm looking forward to bringing out my holiday decorations. I'll be putting up my usual assortment of things, not going to be buying more stuff just to put up because 2020 is a dud. Each vacation, I would buy a Christmas tree ornament as a souvenir. So when I look at my decorated tree, it's full of many good memories Smiley Happy Since this year hasn't been any trips, nothing new to put on the tree but I think I will enjoy all of the others even more than usual! 

Holiday decorations bring me joy. I love seeing lights up around the neighborhood. I hope those who enjoy the decorations, will be able to decorate and have a good holiday even if it's different than usual. 

Speaking of the holidays, I did buy the new Carrie Underwood holiday CD so I have listened to it already a few times to try it out! LOL October is early for me but since I got it, i couldn't wait to rip it open to listen to it. 

Super Contributor

I will do just a bit more because I've bought a couple of new pieces.

For years I decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving and will probably do the lion's share then this year, with one exception.

I have slowly accumulated quite a few trees, a few illuminated, in a range of 6-12-15 inches or so, that now make a lovely forest.  About a week ago I got them all out, added the 2 I bought this year, and put my forest in its usual place on my upright piano.  I enjoy it so much I decided not to wait, and have not regretted that decision.

Esteemed Contributor

Keeping it simple, as usual. The materialism of the season is a big turnoff for me. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I've never decorated a huge amount-- have certain traditional touches I love to bring out.  The ones that reference the meaning of Christmas, like our nativities, are the most important. 

We tend to do only a sentimental ceramic tree, for a tree. I also like real evergreen branches, candles and lights, a bowl of Christmas balls and sprigs, a jaunty reindeer pillow, pine cones, a little shimmer, my old primitive gilt iron bells, a vintage glass and ceramic snowman cookie jar that makes his kitchen appearance, a precious plaid blanket of my Dad's.  One new addition is Valerie's cute group of four distressed white birds from a few seasons back.  They span the whole winter.... 

Valued Contributor

I enjoy the opulence and extravagance of Christmas.  I love everything about it.

As a Christian, I reflect on staggering implications of the birth of Jesus.

I love the music, the movies, the decorations, the lights, and the joie de vivre that permeates the air.

I send and receive Christmas cards.  

I reflect on Christmas past and anticipate Christmas future.

The food, music, and decorations are merely reflections of the actual joy that bubbles up from within my own little heart.

I will always go all out for Christmas.  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

Honored Contributor

No. No Christmas spirit for me this year. Covid is only part of the reason for that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Your post is replete with the quiet joy and eternal deep meaning of Christmas, @Oostende !   Thanks for the gift of your thoughts.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell You are just my favorite.  Thank you for your kind response.

I always look forward to seeing your posts, particularly in the Home forums.  You have an elevated sense of refinement and taste and I am a big fan.

All of the best to you and yours this Christmas season and always!

Honored Contributor

You have the gift of encouragement, kind @Oostende --  thank you!   All the best of Christmas joy to you and yours too!

Honored Contributor

I think I will decorate as usual...no more for sure.