Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@mousiegirl I still have my Smoky The Bear I was given by my grandmother when I was born,  a long long long time ago,  I still hug him when I am alone, criying and just need a good hug, I love my stuffed animals!  I care alot about them too!

@CareBears  So do I.  My birthday falls just before Christmas, so I was allowed one gift, and I always chose a stuffed animal. Smiley Happy  I still have several from my childhood, one is a floppy dog with my name under it's ear, think I got this when I had my tonsils out.

I was an only child, so my real animals and stuffed were my best friends.  I went nuts buying DD stuffed animals, which she liked, but she is not the animal nut I am, though she loves the two pups we have.

Years ago, on a road trip to the Redwood Forests State Parks North of here, I bought a Smokey the Bear, hadn't ever seen a stuffed one.Smiley Happy

I have quite a Stieff collection, in addition to whatever struck my eye, but they all have wonderful faces, a must, as I like them to look as real as possible, but I love whimsy also.

@mousiegirl~ another Stieff collector here, too! Actually, I love and collect Hermann bears also...haven't bought either though, in several years. 

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@mousiegirl I still have my Smoky The Bear I was given by my grandmother when I was born,  a long long long time ago,  I still hug him when I am alone, criying and just need a good hug, I love my stuffed animals!  I care alot about them too!

@CareBears  So do I.  My birthday falls just before Christmas, so I was allowed one gift, and I always chose a stuffed animal. Smiley Happy  I still have several from my childhood, one is a floppy dog with my name under it's ear, think I got this when I had my tonsils out.

I was an only child, so my real animals and stuffed were my best friends.  I went nuts buying DD stuffed animals, which she liked, but she is not the animal nut I am, though she loves the two pups we have.

Years ago, on a road trip to the Redwood Forests State Parks North of here, I bought a Smokey the Bear, hadn't ever seen a stuffed one.Smiley Happy

I have quite a Stieff collection, in addition to whatever struck my eye, but they all have wonderful faces, a must, as I like them to look as real as possible, but I love whimsy also.

@mousiegirl~ another Stieff collector here, too! Actually, I love and collect Hermann bears also...haven't bought either though, in several years. 

@LIG1  I havn't bought any for many years, too expensive now, and no more room, but if I could, I would have a house just for Steiff, lol, or at least half a house.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl~ I know exactly what you mean about running out of room! lol It would really have to be a very special bear for me to add another one to my collection now. 

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@mousiegirl~ I know exactly what you mean about running out of room! lol It would really have to be a very special bear for me to add another one to my collection now. 

@LIG1  Speaking of bears, I also have quite a few Boyd's, and one year, an enormous bear was offered here, I bought it, with no thought as to how I would get it up our long, steep driveway, and can still remember me, short girl, carrying that enormous bear, bigger than me, up that driveway, down the long front walk and into the rec room, then up fourteen stairs, lol.  I had to move it from one room to another last year, and it was a project, of course, I am older and more decrepit now, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@LIG1  Speaking of bears, I also have quite a few Boyd's, and one year, an enormous bear was offered here, I bought it, with no thought as to how I would get it up our long, steep driveway, and can still remember me, short girl, carrying that enormous bear, bigger than me, up that driveway, down the long front walk and into the rec room, then up fourteen stairs, lol.  I had to move it from one room to another last year, and it was a project, of course, I am older and more decrepit now, lol.

@mousiegirl~ oh yes, I remember that HUGE Boyd's bear...and you're the lucky girl who got one! lol I can only imagine you trying to get it up the stairs. What a great bear though, to sit up against and just read...comfy, cozy bear love! 

I collected Boyd's also, but like so many of us, had way too many and chose to give some away to various organizations for children in need. I think I only have about a dozen or so of the Boyd's now, and the larger 'Bee Keeper' is one of my favorites. 

Esteemed Contributor

oh my !  I also have a collection of Boyd's that I purchased years ago when Gary used to be on with Mary Beth,  those were good times !  What fun they had,  he was a riot !  I sorry when he was made to leave .  Boyd's never sold the same after that on qvc.  Some lady from tne combos y took over , can't remember her name. I can still heR Gary saying

"volume". Lol  !!!   I still hsve my bears packed away in the  basement from when we moved to our new house 3 yrs ago.  Must look for them.

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@mousiegirl~ oh yes, I remember that HUGE Boyd's bear...and you're the lucky girl who got one! lol I can only imagine you trying to get it up the stairs. What a great bear though, to sit up against and just read...comfy, cozy bear love! 

I collected Boyd's also, but like so many of us, had way too many and chose to give some away to various organizations for children in need. I think I only have about a dozen or so of the Boyd's now, and the larger 'Bee Keeper' is one of my favorites. 

@LIG1  I don't know the Bee Keeper.  One year, I also bought a Boyd's Santa bear in a sleigh with two reindeer.  The order was cancelled by Q as at some point as it wasn't available.  I was not happy.  Months later, it appeared again, so I bought it, only one left, so I believe that this was my original order and it had been misplaced, and when found, listed again.Smiley Happy

I have given bears away, and have a sack of Beanie Babies ready to donate this Christmas, just been sitting in bags for years, bought way too many.  I also bought the Beanie Buddies, so have those and the babies displayed, and am donating the bears that I can live without.  Every year we take toys to our Fire House and they are distributed wherever needed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill's home show

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl~ your collection sounds as though it's really nice! Mine wasn't a huge collection since I've always had a love for Steiff and Hermann. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jill's home show

[ Edited ]

If you Have HL near you lots & lots of galvanized & metal pumpkins.  In fact beautiful fall & Christmas pieces - many remind me of VPH things!

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@mousiegirl~ your collection sounds as though it was/is really nice! Mine wasn't a huge, huge collection, because I've always had an interest and love for Steiff and Hermann.

I loved watching Gary's shows on the Q, he was so entertaining and made you WANT to buy a bear! lol Like @Kitty Galore said though, once Gary left, his replacement did nothing for the company and it's image IMO. She just didn't seem to have the same enthusiasm as Gary, and it came through in her presentations...and obviously sales, too. 

ETA~ I agree!! The firehouses are a great place to donate the bears! Heart

@LIG1  I never saw Gary as I didn't come here until 2007.