Trusted Contributor

Re: I Know My New Years Resolution

Adam Minter's book, "SECOND-HAND", if you go ahead and read all of it, will most llikely help you to say "NO!" to many purchases. At least it has for me.

Best wishes!

-SolarSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Congrats🎉you deserve a new wardrobe!

As for "finding a new man" that's a definite NO for any of my wishlist shopping-I vowed never again & that was long before his illness😉

Trusted Contributor

I really need to have that same resolution:  Less spending on clothes!  This is the last semester of my part time job where I go into classrooms to evaluate teachers, so I will need fewer professional clothes. 

I donated many t-shirts the last two years and I was not successful last summer in finding t-shirts I liked, so that search will continue. 

My mantra should be: Enough is enough!

Trusted Contributor

I really like to have a clean, organized looking home.  But, it seems as though it's taking me so long to have that look as I have too much stuff.  I spend so much time trying to reorganize and sort things I don't seem to have time to do anything else.

Had lunch with a retired friend.  I mentioned there are so many things I'd like to do but don't have the time to do them.  She asked ....what are you doing that keeps you so busy? I told her that I still do work 40 hours a week; but besides that I told her always busy doing work in the house.   The work is cleaning, organizing and trying to find good places to put things. 

I remember when I was young and did not have so much "stuff" I did have a lot more extra time!

Trusted Contributor

My home is like a clean, organized distribution center. Well that's the garage, guest bedroom, and walkin.  So done until at least July.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll have to lose about 20# to shop my closet. So if I can do that it will accomplice a lot

Honored Contributor

I don't do New Years Resolutions.  I just set goals.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely know how you feel @BunSnoop. I am always working in one

room or another and then came Christmas when I have so many more

things to add and find a permanent spot for, not easy.

I just joined a Clean the Clutter Group hoping to inspire me more. I

have been slowing taking a bag or two to Goodwill, starting from 

cleaning the garage. More to do but with winter I will not be out as

much.

Good luck to you! 

Respected Contributor

I'm doing the same thing .. not buying and using up what I already

have ....

Honored Contributor

I don't make resolutions.

Many years ago I made up my mind to just be happy.    I do my best to deal with whatever life throws at me, and keep moving on with a positive attitude.