Trusted Contributor

I Know My New Years Resolution

[ Edited ]

I'm really going to try to reduce my purchases.  I need to use what I have!   This pertains to clothes, beauty items, cleaning products, bedding, home decor - even food liked boxed and canned items.    I keep buying new and not using what I already have.  I want to reduce the "inventory" in my home and just use what I have rather than purchasing more.  

Of course when I went to write this post, I saw "lunchtime specials" and caught myself taking a look at everything!!   Thank goodness I stopped myself before getting too interested in purchasing anything.

Does anyone else feel the same as me?

Respected Contributor

Re: I Know My New Years Resolution

Definitely 

Honored Contributor

My motto for the new year  -- "shop your closet"!!!

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop

I am going to do the same. Use what I have before I buying more. Let's see how long that works!

Gif ID: 27472

Valued Contributor

I said the same thing to myself just today. Too much stuff, too much money spent and not using what I have. It is said if you do not say it outloud it won't help. So, I vowed outloud, "NO MORE SENSELESS SPENDING." B & BW is having their big candle sale  and I Immediately deleted it. I must keep this up, as I feel I am drowning in things I no longer need or use. Will be a major clean out around here at the next neighborhood garage sale. Also donations to the thrift shop when they start taking things again. They are overwhelmed with donations abd sometimes it looks like they are drowning in everything they have, too.

Honored Contributor

Oh sure.....I'll get to that.....when I have time......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop - I had to laugh because I've made the same resolution (only I started before Christmas).  But when I logged on here, I stopped to browse through the Lunchtime Specials - force of habit.

However, I didn't buy anything and I think I'm doing pretty good so far.  I did buy some Beekman products before Christmas, but nowhere near what I have in the past.  Just a couple of things because I wanted the containers (pathetic, I know).

So I'm not waiting till the New Year; I'm already paring things down.  Other than food, there isn't a single "thing" that I need or, more to the point, want.

It will be interesting to see what my closets and cupboards look like by the end of next year!

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop 

I tell myself everyday this, but, do I listen NO🤦‍♀️

Went to super WM today to pickup something ...oh my Christmas 50% off ...I bought cute picks for .40 clip style...then I "browsed" -- came to my senses & now I wish I bought more picks (I may go back tomorrow) perfect accents for my tree.

131D6E67-82BA-4123-93FE-C3DF442B4878.jpeg

But the entire front rows of the store are Pioneer Woman things - so pretty & colorful I "almost" bought this small lamp, I ❤️ splatterware red🙄 it was in my cart but found it's way back to shelf even though I would change the shade (the shade would be more than lamp😉) Lamp was  $10.

4F42650F-8D2D-4E5A-B2B8-31EF3A2EE636.jpeg

I'm really trying to justify my home purchases = it's not easy🙄😉

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

My motto for the new year  -- "shop your closet"!!!

@kaydee50 

Love this -- hmmm I could probably get some good finds & free cuz in my closet I keep all my decor (not including boxes of lenox dishes keeping for niece).

Clothes, shoes, toiletries, skincare & makeup I don't need at all but could shop there too😉🙄🤦‍♀️

Respected Contributor

I'm going to TRY to stop buying new clothes but I can't promise. I lost a dress size over the past year and I had to make a big clothing donation to Goodwill so I have been replacing my closet which has been so much fun !  Along with new clothes my NY's resolution is to find a new man !! Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy