Super Contributor

Re: How early do you decorate?

Two years ago, I knew several people with long term illnesses that died in October.  I felt I needed a little Christmas, so I did decorate in early November.

Last year, I bought a new Christmas tree from QVC in July.  When it arrived I wanted to see if it worked (Lights, etc.). I left it up until January, but I did not decorate it, until after Thanksgiving.

As far as I am concerned, you should do whatever works for you and your family.  Don't worry about what others think or say.  

Regular Contributor

@atm1215 wrote:

My family wants to start decorating next month and Im considering it. Does anyone decorate early for Christmas?

Hey why not!  You can always take it down.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, My!  This seems to be an old thread!  

We decorate Black Friday weekend for Christmas.  Everything else gets flowers on the table.

Honored Contributor

http://i0.wp.com/beachblissliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/beach-christmas-ornaments-.jpg?resize=500%2C601

Occasional Contributor

I actually put my Christmas tree on September 1st but decorate it in a fall,harvest theme and call it my "Blessing Tree". I keep it up until Thanksgiving . On Thanksgiving night I undecorate it and the next day put up the " Christmas Tree" . It works for me as I am so busy during this time......the tree is already up and I just put the Christmas decoration on it. Everyone loves it!IMG_20161030_152406.jpg

Contributor

@Tinytears16 wrote:

I actually put my Christmas tree on September 1st but decorate it in a fall,harvest theme and call it my "Blessing Tree". I keep it up until Thanksgiving . On Thanksgiving night I undecorate it and the next day put up the " Christmas Tree" . It works for me as I am so busy during this time......the tree is already up and I just put the Christmas decoration on it. Everyone loves it!IMG_20161030_152406.jpg

What a great idea! Beautiful tree!

Trusted Contributor

@Tinytears16

I love your harvest tree; it is such a nice sentiment.  I love fall decor and I decorate for fall in late August before I go back to school.  Then, the week of Thanksgiving I put everything away and start my Christmas decorating.  My mother always put up the tree the week before Christmas and it came down on the 26th! I always put away my Christmas decor before I go back to school in January.  

Occasional Contributor

Thanks.......this is it decorated for Christmas.....it is a QVC purchase!IMG_20161201_171042.jpg

Super Contributor

I love your tree ... both the Autumn version and the Christmas version! I especially like the santa in the sleigh that is in the foreground of the last photo you posted. Did you get that from QVC as well?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@atm1215

I decorate early, but my early is the first weekend in November!  I have a lot of decorations and it takes me several days to complete it all. Decorating early also allows me to sit back, relax, and enjoy the Christmas decorations longer.  I take it down Feast Of Ephiany.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”