Occasional Contributor

Re: How early do you decorate?

Thank You!

Occasional Contributor

I actually found it at Goodwill! It was a dollar and was in traditioal Christmas colors . Since a do a pink and white Shabby chic Christmas I sprayed it pink and accented with white chalk paint and pink glitter. Most of my decorations are repurposed..

Trusted Contributor

I decorate either the weekend before Thanksgiving or the weekend of Thanksgiving.  I love decorating for Christmas, but my fall decor is my absolute favorite.

Trusted Contributor

@Grade1Teach

Me too!  Love the colors of fall.  September through November!

Valued Contributor

I usually start right after Thanksgiving,  but, this year maybe a week earlier. I want to try and change things around a little bit. I do have to admit, I am ready to start decorating for Fall. I'll wait until the end of August. 

Trusted Contributor

I am actually thinking of starting my fall decorating this weekend.  I asked my husband to bring down all the fall things from the attic so I know exactly what I have.  This is so I don't go overboard when Valerie is back with her harvest shows on the 8th.  Knowing me, if I don't do this I buy duplicates, lol!

For Christmas, I start November 1st.  I know it's early, but we do so much I want to enjoy it for as long as possible.  I always put up one of our slim trees and decorate it for fall ~ harvest lights, maple leaves and pinecones.  That will probably happen this weekend as well.  :-)

Respected Contributor

I decorate to suit myself and it varies from year to year. Why on earth should anyone try and fit themselves into another's schedule is beyond me. Do what is right for you and your family. Period. 

Super Contributor

I start some time in October, with the goal to be completely finished by November 1st.

I absolutely love Christmas; it is my favorite time of the year.

Very magical Heart

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will decorate for fall the end of August.  I start Christmas around November 1st and it takes me a couple of weeks to decorate and tweak, and tweak..........

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

I am actually thinking of starting my fall decorating this weekend.  I asked my husband to bring down all the fall things from the attic so I know exactly what I have.  This is so I don't go overboard when Valerie is back with her harvest shows on the 8th.  Knowing me, if I don't do this I buy duplicates, lol!

For Christmas, I start November 1st.  I know it's early, but we do so much I want to enjoy it for as long as possible.  I always put up one of our slim trees and decorate it for fall ~ harvest lights, maple leaves and pinecones.  That will probably happen this weekend as well.  :-)

@Julie928  I like this idea of a Fall tree, never thought of it.  I have quite a few slim trees on the woodsy note, and never thought to use them in the Fall, but now I just might. Smiley Happy