Contributor

Hoping for new Color/Pattern changing Christmas Trees

I'm not on FB so can't follow anyone. But I've spent hours looking at artificial Christmas and know what I want, but they don't have it here at Q yet. I like shopping here. They're 'family' after all LOL. It is the kind which uses an app, and there are many interchangeable colors and patterns. The one I like is white but more than 1K for a 6 1/2'. Maybe as the technology become more widely available the price will come down. I remember living in Germany in the early 80's. Big, heavy VCRs cost $700 and popular VHS movies were $70+. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hoping for new Color/Pattern changing Christmas Trees

I know you said that you like shopping the Q. So do I, but I  bought the white tree they offer here. It only lasted 4 years before the lights started going out.  Then the tree started turning yellow. Others have posted the same. Not to mention there are cheaper nice trees out there.

Contributor

That's good to know. I guess if the tree is made of some kind of plastic it could turn yellow, like old packaging. As for the lights, I discovered I could buy an unlit tree and purchase the same Twinkly app lights, which are available separately. 

Honored Contributor

@SugarGlider wrote:

That's good to know. I guess if the tree is made of some kind of plastic it could turn yellow, like old packaging. As for the lights, I discovered I could buy an unlit tree and purchase the same Twinkly app lights, which are available separately. 

@SugarGlider   About three years ago, I bought a green tree at zulily, removed all of the white lights, and put the old fashioned multi lights on it, can't even tell it isn't a real tree, which is why I bought it.

I know that white flocked trees can turn yellowish, learned that here, then looked at mine which is in a room and up all year, and it's true, but since the room is dark enough even with the tree lights, it isn't noticible, but I wasn't a happy camper to learn/see this.  If I had known, I wouldn't have bought it, bought it here.

Super Contributor

I bought a white flocked tree on the q from BL 7 years and it still works and hasn't turned yellow. I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Mr.Christmas has a tree that you can use an app to have all those changes your mentioned. It was a TSV months ago but there were still some sizes in the inventory on line.