Honored Contributor

I LOVE handmade Santas.

For several years., I bought handmade Santas from a retired principal at a craft show in Greenville, SC.

Wanting a little variety for my home of primitives, I loved Arnette Santas, but they put them on ebay for a bidding war and went upwards of $650.00!!!

I just found Santas by Michelle and they are more than reasonable.

This is the one I bought that I will receive shortly.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   I love this piece!

It would look amazing on my stone fireplace mantel.

Enjoy your new treasure.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Check out Lynn Haney. He retired a few years ago but there are lots on EBay.

Honored Contributor

That is such a beautiful Santa!  I too have a few Santas which I display together in a area of my dining room when I decorate for Christmas.  I used to go to many craft shows at the holidays and always found some lovely handmade items.  I had o stop at some point because I have so many Christmas decorations and room for no more!!!!

Enjoy your Santa, it will be a standout wherever you display it !!!!

Honored Contributor

He's amazing.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handmade Santas

[ Edited ]

@ECBG, Your Santa on a horse is beautiful!  What a treasure he is.  I would never store him away.

Years ago, I had a painting teacher with a very charming Early American style home.  She kept some Christmas items in her dining room year round, as she said it was good luck.

I have done the same with mine.  I have a few Christmas items that I always keep out.  It fits into a room with stenciled

walls, dark furniture, and collections of pewter and stuff.  I also have a very old child’s sled, entiredly made of wood, with a tall handle in the back used to push the sled.  Bought many years ago up in Maine.  Of course, never touched the old paint job.  Have a few Santas I painted on flat boards and a little “feather tree.”  

I looked up the artist’s website you bought your Santa from, and all I can say is that her prices and pieces are wonderful.

Alas, I have to call it quits.  As it is, my house looks like a gift shop.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@ECBG   I love this piece!

It would look amazing on my stone fireplace mantel.

Enjoy your new treasure.

@Mersha 

She may have more available!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

I would love to see a picture of what you described!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, Some day I will.  My DH will have to help, as I am one of those people who struggle with such things.  A miracle I can drive a car.  I do remember seeing pictures of your beautiful home in the past.  Made such an impression with me.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@ECBG, Some day I will.  My DH will have to help, as I am one of those people who struggle with such things.  A miracle I can drive a car.  I do remember seeing pictures of your beautiful home in the past.  Made such an impression with me.

@PamfromCT 

Thank you.  You are very kind.Smiley Happy