Honored Contributor

HSN'S HALLOWEEN SHOWS!!!!

[ Edited ]

Its funny how QVC tauts it's "David's Big Halloween" and mostly just a variation of resin pieces similar to their Christmas pieces. QVC's efforts pale in comparison to HSN which (or is it witch) have always made Halloween a big focus with unique merchandise and even their studio sets.....

Those animated pumpkins and kitty todays HSN's  Todays Special, are very unique and creative and not seen everywhere---GOOD JOB HSN BUYERS!

According to the National Retail Federation, Halloween is the second highest grossing holiday after ChristmasAmericans spend an estimated $6 billion annually on Halloween, making it the country's second largest commercial holiday after Christmas.Jul 22, 2022......

Another missed opportunity by QVC....I remember some lame attempts by QVC to copy but they looked amateurish compared to HSN...and eventually QVC's Halloween Shows became just a few items and eventually disappeared and now its mostly Harvest Shows and a couple of David's Big Halloween Shows are their "big attempt" at Halloween....and interesting enough a lot of that merchandise seems to sell out.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN'S HALLOWEEN SHOWS!!!!

Well, I can't say too much about the comparison of Halloween shows since I haven't watched too many in their entirety but QVC did offer the same type of item as the animated pumpkins on QVC, H227138. Poor reviews but nonetheless, the same item. Currently there are 650 Halloween items on the Q and about half that many on HSN.

I agree that HSN's presentations seem more in the spirit and the host's were very much into it. David, it's just not his forte, in my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember when Steve Bryant did the Q Halloween shows? Great fun

Respected Contributor

major fun!

i am enjoying it!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cjm61 wrote:

Well, I can't say too much about the comparison of Halloween shows since I haven't watched too many in their entirety but QVC did offer the same type of item as the animated pumpkins on QVC, H227138. Poor reviews but nonetheless, the same item. Currently there are 650 Halloween items on the Q and about half that many on HSN.

I agree that HSN's presentations seem more in the spirit and the host's were very much into it. David, it's just not his forte, in my opinion. 

@cjm61 

I stand corrected I guess I missed those early August shows with the animated pumpkins......And you are so right, about THE SPIRIT OF THE PRESENTATION IS EVERYTHING!!!, pardon the pun----On the early show HSN hosts are just so much more into the fun and spirit of Halloween, the hosts/crew dressed up as Scooby Doo Characters (Fred, Daffney, and Shaggy).....Whats interesting is the HSN hosts still remained professional without acting silly, yet seemed to be having fun.....thats what I also like about HSN's Shows ......(and no one called each other "honey"either 😄).....

QVC may have more Halloween items on their website but they seem to present very few from their inventory just the same ole same ole things (the Mr. Halloween ceramic trees done for Halloween instead of Christmas, and those resin figurines that look very much like the resin Christmas figurines, twinkle trees in Halloween colors, and endless fairy lights, and a few blow up figures) 🙄..... HSN even had a vendor from London  and items from their QVC UK affiliate.....Although HSN DID show those same converted Christmas mini ceramic trees for Halloween ...LOL 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

How would everyone know unless they are presented?  How many spend the day scrolling through the website?  

Also processing takes forever before it even gets to the actual carrier. I joined UPS so I can avoid sure Post and USPS forget about it.

I bought a HSN special value and it was sent to carrier next day.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

How would everyone know unless they are presented?  How many spend the day scrolling through the website?  

Also processing takes forever before it even gets to the actual carrier. I joined UPS so I can avoid sure Post and USPS forget about it.

I bought a HSN special value and it was sent to carrier next day.

@mspatmac 

Yep, you are so right---I guess QVC is more interested on people browsing through their website for sales and on air they are content to just show a small fraction of their inventory...🙄

And your right HSN's shipping/delivrey is SUPER FAST! It seems that the Q could learn a thing for two from them....

Respected Contributor

the q did have Martha Stewart Halloween and Valerie Parr Hill Halloween. Presentations are just different.

A little OT, but the tone of HSN hosts voices and rapid speaking gets annoying. Several of them need voice coaches.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@10sluvr wrote:

the q did have Martha Stewart Halloween and Valerie Parr Hill Halloween. Presentations are just different.

A little OT, but the tone of HSN hosts voices and rapid speaking gets annoying. Several of them need voice coaches.

All Valerie had for Halloween were 3 Gingerbread Halloween Houses, some pillows, napkin rings, and two signs

and Martha's decor is more elegant and more into Harvest, she did have a bat wreath, ghost lights, and a Halloween garland....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    So if a lot of the QVC merchandise sold out, I really don't get the negativity.

But since that's where the Forums seem to be, here's mine,   I saw the same amount of David's show and that of HSN -  yet I couldn't tell you who hosted theirs or what the items were.   It's okay with me if HSN did well, too, but they will obviously be doing it without my money.