Respected Contributor

Happy and Safe 4th to all ! What's your plan ?

I will be watching the fireworks on TV, no huge plans just "chillin"  What's your plan and whatever it is, enjoy and stay safe

Respected Contributor

Re: Happy and Safe 4th to all ! What's your plan ?

I'm attending a small outdoor wedding, the young couple is getting married at their first home together on a lake....they arranged for pontoon boat rides from their neighbors & the lake association is having fireworks too.

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I'm attending a small outdoor wedding, the young couple is getting married at their first home together on a lake....they arranged for pontoon boat rides from their neighbors & the lake association is having fireworks too.

@kitcat51 

That sounds wonderful and certainly a unique way to celebrate!  Enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

I will be watching the fireworks on TV also! Have a safe time everyone!

Best 4th of July Fireworks animated GIF

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Not a darn thing.  Hangin out at home. 

DD is just going to enjoy the last day of her 3 day weekend.  Knowing her, she will be working on one of her sewing projects. Making totes and wristlets is her latest thing.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Go to the gym, pick up some stuff at Target and other than that be home by 11:00 because it's to hot to do anything else.

Honored Contributor

I'll be working.

Thinking of all of the past "bring a dish, we'll grill" I'm glad to stay home.  This child didn't eat this, that child will drink only...., We did have a wonderful time, but there was always a little "fog".

Honored Contributor

In my community, most residents are treating the day as a normal Monday.  Some don't want to travel due to Covid risks.  For others, it's fear of being stranded in an airport for many hours.  And then there is the high price of gas. 

Two of my groups are meeting as usual tomorrow.  We will have some snacks that aren't normally a part of our routine.  Ok with me!

Honored Contributor

DH and I have two friends over for a bbq.  It is really hot outside and on our back porch so we had to sit inside in the air.  Not what I wanted to do but it is summer!

Trusted Contributor

I'll have some friends and family over to swim in the afternoon. No cookout or picnic. Just swim and go home. Lol At 10:15 the local amusement park will have fireworks and I will walk down to the corner and watch them. Our puppy, Benny, saw and heard his first fireworks on Saturday. He did really well, so he'll come with me. Hubby is working second shift so the fireworks will be over when he gets home. But I'm sure the neighborhood ones will still be going strong. Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th.🇺🇲