Honored Contributor

Re: H212812 16" Celestial Mercury Glass Kaleidoscope Light Show Tree by Valerie

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

My guess is that they are expecting some returns.  I'm keeping mine because it's gorgeous.  However, I'm not happy about the fact that there is no on/off switch on the unit or the cord.  You have to use the adapter every time.  Poor design, IMHO.

@Krimpette  A couple of yrs ago I ordered a set of  V32278 (set of 3 indoor wireless control outlets by Globe Electric)...and another set last year to have as spares and/or extras if needed.

We have a lot of plug in devices...lamps/fans we use all yr round and during the holidays these are lifesavers! It's great for our Christmas tree, the fiber optic tree we have (which also has an adaptor type of plug like this light show tree).

During the holidays it's nice to have a couple of controlers to just click all the Christmas/Holiday lights on or off whenever we want without having to crawl around on the floor or move furniture...just LOVE these remotes!

Imagine this...

One remote control we use just in the livingroom. During the holidays one line of 3 (there are 3 on each remote) is for the fan and Christmas tree. Line #2 is for a corner which has several plug in decor pieces, so I use a very short extension cord and plug that into the remote device. Line #3 is for the plug ins we had on the bookcase. That is just one remote control of the 3 that comes in a set. The other 2 are used in other rooms.

I noticed that they are currently sold out on QVC, but are available at other retailers online. Watch the video if you have time! 

HTH you and anyone else who doesn't have an easy option to turn this tree on and off  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

My guess is that they are expecting some returns.  I'm keeping mine because it's gorgeous.  However, I'm not happy about the fact that there is no on/off switch on the unit or the cord.  You have to use the adapter every time.  Poor design, IMHO.

@Krimpette  A couple of yrs ago I ordered a set of  V32278 (set of 3 indoor wireless control outlets by Globe Electric)...and another set last year to have as spares and/or extras if needed.

We have a lot of plug in devices...lamps/fans we use all yr round and during the holidays these are lifesavers! It's great for our Christmas tree, the fiber optic tree we have (which also has an adaptor type of plug like this light show tree).

During the holidays it's nice to have a couple of controlers to just click all the Christmas/Holiday lights on or off whenever we want without having to crawl around on the floor or move furniture...just LOVE these remotes!

Imagine this...

One remote control we use just in the livingroom. During the holidays one line of 3 (there are 3 on each remote) is for the fan and Christmas tree. Line #2 is for a corner which has several plug in decor pieces, so I use a very short extension cord and plug that into the remote device. Line #3 is for the plug ins we had on the bookcase. That is just one remote control of the 3 that comes in a set. The other 2 are used in other rooms.

I noticed that they are currently sold out on QVC, but are available at other retailers online. Watch the video if you have time! 

HTH you and anyone else who doesn't have an easy option to turn this tree on and off  Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  This must be what I bought here, couldn't remember the name.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I plugged in the trees and they are perfect...magical, breathtakingly beautiful! I am thrilled I bought 2 of them...worth every penny and in my review just wrote I said 100 stars! The light show extends up to the ceiling and against the wall...there just aren't enough words to express the joy and delight the trees bring while watching the light show. It moves at a perfect speed...not fast which would become annoying after awhile. It's quite mesmerizing. I hope all those on waitlist will get their trees! 

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise Thanks for your review.  How wonderful to finally get an item that you love and that works perfectly!

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise..So glad you are so happy with your trees SL.  Makes me want my waitlist to be filled so much more when I read the reviews

I see they have now taken the waitlist away and it say they are not available at this time.   Hope this is a sign of a good thing and that they will fulfill their waitlisted ones.  Fingers crossed

JPC

Trusted Contributor

I received mine yesterday and did not have a chance to take it out. After your review @Susan Louise I am excited to check it out!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Susan Louise Thanks for your review.  How wonderful to finally get an item that you love and that works perfectly!

@Marsha2003  Thanks Marsha Smiley Happy  I hope you will get your waitlist tree. 

I have received several other nice items of Valerie's this year so far...the pineapple lamps, 'red' vintage glass hurricanes, pomegranate & ornament/mixed greens pieces (swags, wreath and tree), 'gold' set of 3 nested trays...

It was really mainly those moldy logs/trees and the Cardinal pedestals that left much to be desired. In the end, at least I got an extra $10 credit for the moldy logs/inconvenience (on top of full refund including S&H) and a $10 credit for the pedestals.

Also, those Cardinal buckets were very poor quality too...wound up returning one of 2 sets and cherry picking the best ones. 

So overall, a 'pretty' good year for buying decor on the Q.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@Susan Louise..So glad you are so happy with your trees SL.  Makes me want my waitlist to be filled so much more when I read the reviews

I see they have now taken the waitlist away and it say they are not available at this time.   Hope this is a sign of a good thing and that they will fulfill their waitlisted ones.  Fingers crossed

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy  Thanks JPC!  I hope you willl be getting your tree. I also noticed that the waitlist opportunity came to an end. I'm crossing fingers and toes for you  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

I received mine yesterday and did not have a chance to take it out. After your review @Susan Louise I am excited to check it out!

@flickerbulb  PLEASE post after you unpack and plug in your tree!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, One of mine is Brinks and the other doesn't state what brand.  You can go to walmart.com, click on My Local Store, which is currently at the top next to the word Halloween.  From there, enter "outlet timer" in the search box below "check stock in this store".  Don't narrow by department.  That will show you approximately what you might find in your local store. Hardware stores probably have them also.  HTH.

I just realized that I have two sets of three timers that I bought here, one hasn't been used yet, we use it for trees and lit garlands which are on the tops of furniture.  They have to be plugged in, I believe, and three items can be on each timer.

@SHOPR  Off topic, and maybe I am the only person who did not know this, but I just ;learned that zulily also charges tax on the shipping, and it is not shown in an order, it is added to the tax on the item, i.e., hidden, without any mention, which I think is deceiptful.  I do know that many places do this, think it is wrong, but it is what it is.

@mousiegirl, I'm glad you discovered that you already have outlet timers that you can use with your kaleidoscope (that's a hard word to type LOL) tree. 

QVC taxes me on s&h, and I noticed the same thing at another website but can't remember where now.  I don't like it one bit, but I suppose we have no choice except not to order. 

Zulily has not yet started charging me any tax at all.  It must vary by state.  I'm sure they will start taxing me soon, though, as most other sites are now doing. 

By the way, I caved and ordered a 16 oz Cheerful Giver Orange Cinnamon Clove candle from Zulily.  Along with my $10 credit, they offered me $2 to sign back up for emails, so it was only $4 total cost.  I decided it was well worth that to satisfy my curiousity with the brand, especially after knowing how you have enjoyed yours, this scent in particular.  :-)