Trusted Contributor

Kitty Galore, love that name. Will do. Our glass is permanently fixed in the fireplace and the heat comes through the vents also. I have high hopes of this looking lovely. 

Super Contributor

If somebody gets the screen I hope they give a review and show some pics! I am really giving this one some thought. 

My gas fireplace is two sided and has a mesh screen on both sides. I think I like the mesh look in my kitchen but I am trying to go more formal in my living room. I already googled how to remove the mesh screen (who am I kidding...this will be coming to my house I just know it.)

Trusted Contributor

My Fireplace Screen should be here Friday the 4th. I will write my thoughts when I get it and put it together. I will also write a review. I have high hopes of loving this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore  My fireplace has fixed glass,too.  Often wished it would open.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Patriot3. I never much thought about it before now .  I really do want the fireplace screen so now I do wish the glass opened.  I'm hoping that it will still look great even with the fixed glass.  I may just take the leap and order !   Were you do thinking of getting the screen?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Patriot3. I never much thought about it before now .  I really do want the fireplace screen so now I do wish the glass opened.  I'm hoping that it will still look great even with the fixed glass.  I may just take the leap and order !   Were you do thinking of getting the screen?

I just don't think it will look right and don't want to take a chance and have to pack it up and send back, so I'll pass on it.  Good luck Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

My Fireplace Screen should be here Friday the 4th. I will write my thoughts when I get it and put it together. I will also write a review. I have high hopes of loving this. 

@Lucylu12. I'm really looking forward to your thoughts and opinon once you put it together.  I hope it's easy to assemble,  cause if I do get it  I'm not good at that lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I just don't think it will look right and don't want to take a chance and have to pack it up and send back, so I'll pass on it.  Good luck Smiley Happy

@Patriot3. I do understand that ,  it's such a hassle having to pack something up like that To send back.  I do want it I feel it's just beautiful. ,  but I also have my doubts too.  Decisions , decisions !

Trusted Contributor

Got my fireplace screen today. Tore open that box like it was Christmas Morning. It came packaged beautifully. I absolutely love it. It actually is better than I anticipated. I thought with the shipping $7.50 it may be flimsy. That is not the cast. Beautiful wroght iron done in a gorgeous antique bronze, but it could actually pass for black. There is no assembly, other than to put the crystals on. Now, I said I have a gas fireplace with fixed glass that does not open and it added just the right touch to bring my fire place to life. Instead of looking at plain glass you have this wonderful wroght iron scroll design. Went from boring to quite elegant looking, had my hubby turn the gas back on to the fireplace to see how the crystals looked. It is so magical, seeing the flames and twinkle on the glass crystals. I just love it. It is so worth giving this a try if you are thinking about it. I am a happy camper.

Valued Contributor

Moondance, I loved your review sounded like a kid on Christmas morning!