Honored Contributor

Re: Fall Decorating ~ When will you start?

Even though it’s hot here through September, I will get Fall things out after Labor Day. I am already tired of my summer red, white, & blue colors.

I don’t have lots of things, but I will switch out my tablecloth & placemats. I have a few pumpkins, candles, and a beautiful fall centerpiece for my dining table. I will buy one or two mums for my porches sometime too. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm. going to put up summer decor and get out my fall items out  right after labor day. I love fall and by this time of year I am sick of the heat here in the south. Just wished that we had more fall weather. 

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

if i start decorating tonight....will the temp be below 90 tomorrow?!  LOL......

Oh how we wish .. if only !!!!

@Big Joanie     Are you in the Southwest?    It's still 91° at 1:30 in the morning in PHX.     I don't think it's ever gonna cool down..............   di

No .. I am in upstate New York and I would never think to compete with Arizona

for temps.... I always notice Phenox when they do the weather report ......BUT ..

we do have a drought !!!!  Sorry about the spelling .. its too hot to think ..,!!!!

Respected Contributor

But I hear its a dry heat !!   Just kidding .....

Respected Contributor

I dont do much decorating but probably will put the Fall out the end of September!

Trusted Contributor

I will probably start the last week of August.   I HATE summer weather and am ready to push summer out  the door.   I love anything fall and Halloweenish.    I live on the east coast and the problem is I don't get as much fall, cool weather as in previous years but I'll take what I can get.   Great thread.

Occasional Contributor

"Hello what?!"...first we have Christmas in July, then August we start with pumpkins? No nooo, not for me!  I'm on the CT shoreline, enjoy my summer, beachy decor straight through September! I decorate for fall...in...fall.  I think Christmas, buying, and decorating...in Dec. That's me. Summer is my favorite season, but I stay within each season I'm actually in...and I keep a bit of summer coastal mixed into all my seasonal decor. But those who just can't wait for fall, if it brings you joy to start pumpkin shopping...enjoy! I also think being up North with such a short warm season...we tend to want to make the most of it for as long as possible!

Occasional Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I'm. going to put up summer decor and get out my fall items out  right after labor day. I love fall and by this time of year I am sick of the heat here in the south. Just wished that we had more fall weather. 

Here up North (CT), I wish we had more summer weather?

Esteemed Contributor

@Sakuya I think a fall tree is an excellent idea!! Do you decorate it with fall themed picks, or keep it plain?

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Sept. 1st I bring out my witches and other Halloween.  I want to enjoy them for a full 2 months.  Gradually I'll add in the fall decor.