Trusted Contributor

Black and white checks for fall

I have been in HL, Michael's, Kirkland's and Joann's perusing their fall items.  All of them have items in black and white checks (I think they call them Buffalo checks) for fall.  Pumpkins, ribbons, plates, and mugs.  It is different and I haven't purchased any yet but I really like the plates and mugs at HL and Michaels.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Black and white checks for fall

I saw a lot of that print last fall and winter, not just black and white but also blue, red. I like it too. I didn’t manage to pick up anything, but maybe this year.

Honored Contributor

I think I know what you are talking about. 

I would like to see it in someone else's displays, but I've fine tuned what I like in fall decor in the last three years or so, and happy to stick with what I've curated. Not looking for anything new or different in style at this time.

Respected Contributor

I saw a huge display of black and white checks at Hobby Lobby a few days ago.

I really liked it......very fresh.

Respected Contributor

MIxing the buffalo check in with red holiday designs (cardinal or holly motifs) would be very attractive. A check dinner plate with a red mug and a holly, red truck, sled, or cardinal salad plate—too cute!

Frequent Contributor

These are on Hobby Lobb's website and I'm kind of in love!!

Buffalo Check Bear Rectangle OrnamentRound Buffalo Check Moose OrnamentRound Buffalo Check Deer OrnamentBuffalo Check Buffalo Rectangle OrnamentBuffalo Check Moose Rectangle OrnamentJute & Buffalo Check Onion OrnamentsRed & Black Buffalo Check Ball OrnamentsRed & Black Buffalo Check Ball Ornaments

Respected Contributor

@IdahoMom  I love anything with the Lodge Look.

I did a small Christmas tree one year with all Lodge ornaments and I loved it.

These are lovely.

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE black and white check.  I have MacKenzie Childs Courtly Check pieces on the mantel in my hearth room, and buffalo check pillows.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"