Honored Contributor

Re: Another look at the frosted luminaras

@crazycockermom wrote:
Thanks for the pics! I thought those were the ivory at first. Whatever color they are, I like them. Love those candle rings! Are those pedestals Valerie's set of three that got mixed reviews? Also, regarding the Luminaras, are they glass or plastic? I thought I read a review or two saying it seemed cheap like plastic, not thick glass.

Hi @crazycockermom

Those are VPH pedestal set of three. I got them in all colors, and I love the look of them, but they really aren't all that well made. Many imperfections in them, but by the time you put candles and rings on them, they just look a little distressed and I ended up loving them more than I expected. They came in natural, white, gold and silver and I ended up getting all, and find I use them more than I ever expected to!

The Luminara's are definitely glass. Thin glass that so many reviewers tend to mistake as plastic. I think they have a three wick Luminara that is actually housed in plastic, but these frosted ones are glass. 

I really like the gold and the ivory ones I got. I kind of wish I had waited to see if they come 'as is' later, but 'wanting' got the better of me!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

Thanks so much for responding! Going to have to reconsider those pedestals now. I almost bought before but reviews deterred me. Sounds like they might not be so bad after all.

And thanks for clarifying the Luminaras are glass. For now I want a pair of ivory, just need to decide which size. Maybe I'll start stalking the as-is. However, I get why you got them now. Some items we want now while we can get them. Others we can wait for. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

These are perfect for fall, just lovely.  Really liking your tablecloth as well. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

These are perfect for fall, just lovely.  Really liking your tablecloth as well. 

@SandPiper

Thanks!

And I'll take time to give a plug to an American made item any time I can. The table cloth is by Heritage Lace, made in the USA, and the pattern of mine is Heirloom.

This thing wears like iron. I have it on the only table we have to eat on, and we do eat on this cloth everyday. Stains wash out easy it comes out of the dryer looking great and I never needed to iron it until recently to make it look starched fresh (and I've had this in daily use for at least 6 years, maybe longer).

I bought a second one to have back for when this one wears out, I love it so much and was afraid they would discontinue the pattern!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
Thanks for the pics! I thought those were the ivory at first. Whatever color they are, I like them. Love those candle rings! Are those pedestals Valerie's set of three that got mixed reviews? Also, regarding the Luminaras, are they glass or plastic? I thought I read a review or two saying it seemed cheap like plastic, not thick glass.

@crazycockermom  I bought the Eucaluptus candlerings in Fall and green versions from Christmas Tree Hill. com.  They are out of stock right now but I'm checking back to see if they come back in stock.  I'd like to get more.  They still have the pictures up so I hope they will come back. 

ETA:  They are in stock now.  4" inside ring, Green Eucalyptus, $8.99.  The 4" Rust is also available for the same price.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio

as always another beautiful pic of your good taste & comfy home! Every time I see the hutch in your pics reminds me of my mom's! I think it's maple (from 1950) and at my sons home.  How I wish I had it here...although not sure where I'd put it.

That hutch brings back many wonderful childhood memories & the large drop down table with chairs she had in her dining room.

I have all her Fenton glass from milk to carnival pieces. Lord knows why I keep them (in attic in boxes hers from the 50s) I'll never use them! And no one wants them☹️ Guess someday they'll end up at Goodwill.

Thank you for always sharing your great finds, decor skills & more!

PS: I love those frosted luminaries oh boy now I'm tempted! 

Respected Contributor

@lucymo
Thanks so much for the info! Will check them out.
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

20170802_090512.jpg

@Mominohio  The lower part of your hutch, which is all I can see, looks exactly like my Mother's that I grew up with, and moved here when she passed, made of cherry wood.  There are also two commondes.  She had these along with a very long drop leaf table, all made of cherry wood.  I have the table in my red room, originally intended to be a work table for my scrapbooking, but now is loaded with Christmas decor.

Honored Contributor

@kyreb wrote:

Where did you get the candle rings - love them.  Love your hutch also

@kyreb  Check out  'christmastreehill.com' for the Eucalyptus candlerings.  @Mominohio gets hers locally for a better price but we can order the 4" for $8.99.  They also have 6 1/2" too in some styles for around $14 +.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I just scrolled down and see that the top of your hutch is different from mine.  Mine has a spoon rack, which I never used but my Mother did, to display her Mother's silver teaspoons, and the rest is shelves, which held her Mother's china, I put figurines on them.  It used to be in my kitchen until we remodeled a few years ago, now it is downstairs in the rec room.