Valued Contributor

Would love comments on the Baggallini brand bags

I liked the Baggallini bag that was in AM Style today; good organization.  But have no experience with this handbag brand and would appreciate others feedback  And are their liniings usually done in light colors?  Sure don't want a bag with a black interior.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Would love comments on the Baggallini brand bags

@just wonder , I have one bag of this brand and I like it. It is a silvery gray and it has a light colored lining. I chose it because it is a bit larger than many cross bodies and it has many compartments which I really like.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @just wonder!

I remember trying one in Marshalls a few years ago. I remember it being very well made, and would have really liked it but was surprised it was heavier than I would expect. But I consider most handbag too heavy though this is supposed to be "lightweight." I don't remember the lining color.But here is one from the internet-

I've also discovered that linings that aren't sewn down well tend to get very annoying. Like I don't want to have material that bags away from the outside of the bag if you know what I mean. So now I only want to get one after seeing it in person if I'm going to get one.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I have a few of their bags and generally like them.

Their fabric is more durable then Lug's and I have never had a problem with a zipper.

Look on their website for the exterior and lining colors.

I also throw them in the wash at times 😬

Respected Contributor

Baggallini is a brand that has stood the test of time. Their organization usually works for me. As for interior colors, I would just ask about any bag you're interested in. I have a couple of Baggallini dressy bags that are 20 years+. I don't know if the original manufacturer still makes them. 

Valued Contributor

We travel a lot (or did before the pandemic.)  I have various sizes and shapes of Baggalinis and have found their quality to be excellent.  I would not hesitate to buy.  If anything -- I have had to stop myself from buying more!

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

We travel a lot (or did before the pandemic.)  I have various sizes and shapes of Baggalinis and have found their quality to be excellent.  I would not hesitate to buy.  If anything -- I have had to stop myself from buying more!

@just wonder 

DITTO!

I have several.  The security features are great, very durable, and I find the fabrics / colors more to my taste.  Never a problem with zippers or finishing.

Can’t speak to the lining color, guess it depends on the bag.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I have several Baggallini bags (Amazon has the best prices!).

I just did a quick check on a couple of mine, and the interior looks like a lightr shade of the bag color.

They are lightweight - and handy when you don't need to carry a lot of "stuff."  

I don't use them very often - typically I'll use them if I'm going someplace that a fanny pack won't work ... e.g. out to lunch or to a meeting - and just need my phone, ID and credit cards

Super Contributor

@just wonder  Just bought a cross-body at TJ Maxx for my trip to Italy. Great prices and nice selection at TJ Maxx!

Frequent Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

I liked the Baggallini bag that was in AM Style today; good organization.  But have no experience with this handbag brand and would appreciate others feedback  And are their liniings usually done in light colors?  Sure don't want a bag with a black interior.  Thank you!

I have quite a few, many from years ago.  When you shop for them, aren't the colors displayed?  I like that they are lightweight with good organization, and some of the interiors are light-colored.