Valued Contributor

Why is Dooney selling clearance?

I've noticed the Q is selling most of their Dooneys on clearance, I'm glad, but why are they selling out on so many handbags?  I picked up several bags...good deals.

Super Contributor

Re: Why is Dooney selling clearance?

Why not???? Just as in fashion clearance, shoe clearance, and various other clearance sales, they move the more seasonal items or items/styles they won't be carrying moving forward, to make room for more items more appropriate for upcoming seasons. Don't know why you would ask that question. HTH.

Esteemed Contributor

I think.....D&B made so many handbags in so many colors - we the people have purchased one or two that we liked - and they are stuck with a lot of inventory (that desn't sell).  (time to clean the barn out, so to speak)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TN Girly Girl wrote:

Why not???? Just as in fashion clearance, shoe clearance, and various other clearance sales, they move the more seasonal items or items/styles they won't be carrying moving forward, to make room for more items more appropriate for upcoming seasons. Don't know why you would ask that question. HTH.

Because it really isn't the norm around here. "Clearance" for QVC usually means a few dollars off and some of these bags are actually being marked down almost like they would in a department store, or at least moreso than they ever were before. Also, there are an awful lot of bags being sent packing at the same time, which is also sort of unusual, since QVC is known to keep items around for years, if not decades. No idea @QuinnPenny what this is about, but it does seem unusual. Dooney doesn't have many bags on my wishlist, but if they did, this, with the EP, would be compelling. Now, if they'd just do something about that twelve dollar shipping...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they are behaving like an ordinary retailer--they have too much inventory and they need to move out some of the old to make way for the new.  We just arent used to it.  One of the two bags i purchased went on a clearance price and i called for an adjustment.  Happy I am I am.  

Respected Contributor

@ambassador wrote:

I've noticed the Q is selling most of their Dooneys on clearance, I'm glad, but why are they selling out on so many handbags?  I picked up several bags...good deals.

Not most!  But more than i have ever seen at one time.  

Honored Contributor

@ambassador wrote:

NAT:  Watch to see if they are regularly in the prime time lineup over the next few weeks and if they are not, this could be a severed relationship.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you stevieb for your comment, it is very strange the Q discounted the bags so much, I have never seen this before.  I hope this is not the end of Dooneys.

Honored Contributor

Chances are any Dooney the Q has on clearance is on either the Dooney website or I Love Dooney for less.  In fact, if they don't have it, it's because it was already on either (or both) of those sites eons ago at a sale price.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@faeriemoon wrote:

Chances are any Dooney the Q has on clearance is on either the Dooney website or I Love Dooney for less.  In fact, if they don't have it, it's because it was already on either (or both) of those sites eons ago at a sale price.

I think what has caught my eye and that of OP is that in addition to a couple of season ago bags they have put some very recent bags on clearance at prices that are better than the other two sites and they have discounted shipping as well.  I hope this signals a new marketing strategy by the Q.  It certainly has made me keep an eye out for what they are doing.  If they stop bringing in new merchandise it could signal something else I suppose.