Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S WITH ALL THE TINY HANDLES?

@Regal Bee wrote:

I love the bags with small/short handles. Very elegant!

@Regal Bee

Reminds me of those little handles on the sides of metal school lunch boxes.  Glad someone is buying them though.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Tinkrbl44:  Sounds like what you're describing is a satchel handbag. There are times when I want to carry my bag in the crook of my arm, that's when I carry a satchel. If I want to wear a bag over a coat (as you mentioned) I reach for the shoulder bag or a crossbody. I'm glad there's a handbag for every want and need.

@Diva on The Q

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like you change bags several times a week.  (Yikes.)  What if your arm was sore, or the "crook pose" wasn't practical, such as carrying several packages?  All you could then do would be to carry it gripped in your hand.   Maybe that somehow works for you, but, as I griped above, a teeny 4 inch handle just doesn't give a gal many options.  JMO

FROM NAT:  Just don't buy the teeny tiny bags if you do not like them.  There are plenty of others out there.

Respected Contributor

I cannot stand to have a bag dangling from the crook of my arm.  I always use the shoulder straps, so if a bag doesn't have one, then I won't buy it.  To me, the handles are just decorative unless they have a drop that is long enough for me. 

I prefer a long chain on my evening bags for the same reason.  

I would not be comfortable with any kind of dangling straps either, for the safety reason that @Tinkrbl44 mentioned.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday

Uh ...  Duh.   I am discussing our likes and disikes with other posters.