Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV Pat Nash handbag

[ Edited ]

@4kitties wrote:

@Q4u 

I bought one of her map print bags at TJMaxx about 3 or 4 years ago.  I noticed the leather was showing lots of wear after I had carried it a few times.  And I am very careful with my bags.  

Her leather seems to be very fragile and prone to wear and easy to scratch.  I will not purchase another.  I have no problem with my other leather bags.  My oldest Dooney from the 90's looks better than that map bag.

I had one with tooled flowers kinda like the 70's hippy bag and after a few wearings it had developed tiny tears on the leather. Gave it away and never bought another one.

317FCA89-AAA3-4286-8FFB-F683664EB4A1.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty I also have that bag!  I am noticing fraying on the handle and I also have a couple of tiny tears in the leather body.  I am careful with my bags and I am a bit disappointed considering the cost.  I have a couple of her bags but I won't purchase anymore.  I too have a closet full of bags and certainly should not be buying anymore anyway!   I will add though, the best leather tote I own is an Anushka from HSN.  Beautiful hand painted leather and the quality surpasses PN.  I also own a couple of their wallets which I love.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Meowingkitty I also have that bag!  I am noticing fraying on the handle and I also have a couple of tiny tears in the leather body.  I am careful with my bags and I am a bit disappointed considering the cost.  I have a couple of her bags but I won't purchase anymore.  I too have a closet full of bags and certainly should not be buying anymore anyway!   I will add though, the best leather tote I own is an Anushka from HSN.  Beautiful hand painted leather and the quality surpasses PN.  I also own a couple of their wallets which I love.

I'm glad I'm not alone seeing tears in the bag. I really like the bag but not if it's going to look bad. There are some vendors on Etsy that have similar bags and they seem to be made more like the kind we had in the 70's.

Honored Contributor

Are they ever going to send out my purse ?

Ordered the 15th been in process for 4 days now.

Wish they would get the lead out !

Honored Contributor

Although I didn't buy this TSV, the thing I did like about it was the rolled handles.  I have always complained about the appearance of her straps because the edges always looked unfinished to me, and I knew it was just a matter of time before they would become raggy looking.  I think the rolled straps will look better longer.  The cross body strap is another story.  Personally I don't understand the appeal of putting a cross body strap on a tote, but the bigger issue is the quality of the finished edges and how long they will look good.

Honored Contributor

Got my new TSV Nash handbag today ! It's gorgeous !

I love it !   So fancy........