Esteemed Contributor

Re: Snake and other printed bags

I bought a Vera Wang handbag in grey snakeskin at Kohls that isn't leather. It was on sale and I wanted something different.....I don't think I will use it alot though....

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I bought a Vera Wang handbag in grey snakeskin at Kohls that isn't leather. It was on sale and I wanted something different.....I don't think I will use it alot though....

I understand that... I think some of the exotics are interesting for a change but not for day to day use.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I like both ... I get more complements on the " snake" prints!

Honored Contributor

If we'll done, I think "exotics" are beautiful.  One does not need to be a lover of reptiles to appreciate the beauty in the rich colors and textures of their skins.  There are so many innovative techniques for treating leathers today, that to say you just like "solids" is rather old-fashioned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If we'll done, I think "exotics" are beautiful.  One does not need to be a lover of reptiles to appreciate the beauty in the rich colors and textures of their skins.  There are so many innovative techniques for treating leathers today, that to say you just like "solids" is rather old-fashioned.

Pesonally, I don't think so. 'Old fashioned', to me, is a value judgment, either pro or con. Preferring solids over patterns is nothing more than a personal preference, or, perhaps, a preference for more classic (versus 'old-fashioned') looks over looks that might be 'trending'...

Honored Contributor

I have 2 GILI snake bags (one Roma 2, the other a large pouch) and love them because they are different from everything else I own. However, you can tell they're not real snake and I don't pretend they are.

I have a real snake bag that belonged to my Grandmother and it's.... gorgeous. Same with a crocodile bag. They are definitely exotic. And unique. And....a statement bag.

The best thing, though? That we have so many styles and textures to choose from. Find what you love and rock it!

Honored Contributor

I also agree with those who don't like tassels or fringe on bags either. i prefer a cleaner look. And as soon as I get a bag home I immediately remove any hanging logos or mirrors or charms they have hung on there.I hate those, and I think they cheapen the look of a purse. Now oddly I guess for me, I do like when they use a zipper or more than one zipper as decor on a bag. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I also agree with those who don't like tassels or fringe on bags either. i prefer a cleaner look. And as soon as I get a bag home I immediately remove any hanging logos or mirrors or charms they have hung on there.I hate those, and I think they cheapen the look of a purse. Now oddly I guess for me, I do like when they use a zipper or more than one zipper as decor on a bag. 

Not big on tassels or fringe either, especially when exaggerated and while I too don't mind zippers, I seriously dislike the too long exagerrated zipper pulls that seem, more times than not, to get in the way and don't, to me, tend to add to the look of a bag. If the bag is beautifully designed, more times than not, it'll stand on its own.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like tassels, but since the fringe is 'in' this year...I bought 2 handbags with fringe....one was the OrYany (I think because I was a child of the '60's) ... My style is usually pretty "Classic" but I got these just for "fun"...LOL

I also found these sandals to go with it....

fringe.jpg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  I was at Nordstrom the other day and the Rebecca Minkoff bags all have oodles of long zippers pulls hanging all over the place. One customer said "it looks like they forgot to trim the leather on the zipper pulls. It's kinda messy and cheap looking".

I can see why she thought that after looking at them a bit longer.....