Honored Contributor

Snake and other printed bags

I know I can't be the only one who does not like the snake and other printed leather bags.I prefer a solid color bag. And don't even get me started on calf hair - ewww. It really seems to be a trend to print on leather this year, not just here at the Q but out in brick & mortor stores too.

Valued Contributor

Re: Snake and other printed bags

I've purchased one snake print bag and a couple of years ago I bought a calf hair bag.  The rest of my bags are solids.  I have rarely used the two, however I must say I've always received a lot of compliments when I've carried them.  I think sometimes it's just an inability to think outside the box.  I feel the same about patterns on clothing.

Honored Contributor

I agree. I think the printed leathers tend to look like faux leather. The same bag in a solid leather looks more expensive than one with a print, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

It's okay.  We all have personal preferences.  I don't like big heavy bags or cutesy little ones.  I don't mind small designer labeling, but I don't like the name or initials all over any bag.  I also don't love big fringe.

Honored Contributor

I'm with you - snake skin is not for me.  Not sure though why it should be any different than cow skin.  I guess cows are more cuddly...

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what's "ewww" about calf hair, other than the phrase itsel. It's simply the reverse side of the hide.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I don't like the "snake" bags either.  I prefer simple, clean lines solid bags.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let me just say I'm not big on trends. Period. I don't care for most of the 'exotics'. Though I do sometimes like the ostrich or croco look the whole snake pattern thing hasn't moved me at all, except not to buy. I also don't like the look of haircalf and I don't like fringe... I don't mind the occasional pattern, color blocking or logo print bag when done right, but overall, I prefer a solid color bag and tend toward neutrals.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

It's okay.  We all have personal preferences.  I don't like big heavy bags or cutesy little ones.  I don't mind small designer labeling, but I don't like the name or initials all over any bag.  I also don't love big fringe.

I agree on the dinky bags. If I had no more to carry than fits in one of them, I'd not need a bag at all. They look like they're for children or even dolls and for me, are utterly pointless and unappealing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I have a snake jet set tote by MK that I love and am using for the 3rd year.  The reason I like it so much is that I can wear it with anything.  I don't like changing handbags.