Honored Contributor

Re: Sister's Got a Brand New Bag... (May edition)

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector @EdithEllenLily

I hope so @EdithEllenLily .. she is such a sweet woman.  And I know she can't afford to get herself a lot of things.    BTW ... how does my tally compare with yours??

@Boehm Collector WELL...I have moreWoman Embarassed

Yo EEL...  I CAN'T HEAAAARRRR YOU...

080508-144604-229007.jpg

OH NO!!! It's SARGE!!! He is more scary than the HM!!! Woman Surprised

Okay, Sarge, I'll try again:

I HAVE MORE!

Okay?! Your favorite Academy Girl, EEL 

That's better... but Yo, Edie baby, I'd say  A LOTmore would be more accurate... And besides, youse forgetted to salute...

drill_sergeant.png

YES, SIR!!!!

Hmmm, well, now that I know the Sarge is around tonight, I may have to wait until tomorrow to post something...you know, when he's off on his Sunday afternoon fishing trip...I can't risk going into Handbag Boot Camp again and facing the threat of taking showers at night and him giving me a buzz cut...it might just be too much for EEL to relive it all...Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Oh now THIS is interesting... Changing browsers nets a completely different homepage... They must be tinkering again...

Chrome works best for me @stevieb. IE is a disaster.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sister Golden Hair @stevieb  @EdithEllenLily @handygal2 @jaxs mom  @Serendipity @NycVixen @skyblue @gramygram @foo foo shi shi @tough_kitty @shoekitty @Bird mama @hicindy2 @BlingQueen022 @asoutherngirl 

Tomorrow I am hostess for Coffee Hour at Church .... the women in the church take turns providing refreshments after Mass.  Tomorrow is my turn.  I'm bringing some cakes we picked up at Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken ... the bakery that belongs to Buddy of "Cake Boss" fame.  My family has been going to that bakery since the early 60's.  After Coffee Hour DH and I will have lunch.  Then we are going to a coin show in Parsippany.  DH is a coin collector.  Last weekend he was so sweet to put up with my going to check out all the handbag stores in The Mall at Short Hills.  So I figured I would repay the favor by accompanying him to the coin show.   I'm not into coin collecting at all ... but I want to make him happy.   So I am probably going to turn in soon because I have to get up early in order to set everything up for coffee hour before Mass.  We also provide coffee and tea.  It's a nice way for all the parishioners to mingle.   Hope everyone has a good night!

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh now THIS is interesting... Changing browsers nets a completely different homepage... They must be tinkering again...

Me too @EdithEllenLily... but it was in IE that I got the different (and better) homepage... The Chrome version said nothing about EP and was just showing 'items recently on air'. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think they run mirror websites and the one we get is either the luck of the draw or has something to do with geography or ISP... Who knows... Who cares... But it's ridiculous that any major retailer should continue to make do with such a persnickety web presence.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

WTH?!?!?!?!  @stevieb

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'm on Safari!  At work IF I take a break and decide to check in I use either Mozilla Foxfire or Chrome.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair @stevieb  @EdithEllenLily @handygal2 @jaxs mom  @Serendipity @NycVixen @skyblue @gramygram @foo foo shi shi @tough_kitty @shoekitty @Bird mama @hicindy2 @BlingQueen022 @asoutherngirl 

Tomorrow I am hostess for Coffee Hour at Church .... the women in the church take turns providing refreshments after Mass.  Tomorrow is my turn.  I'm bringing some cakes we picked up at Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken ... the bakery that belongs to Buddy of "Cake Boss" fame.  My family has been going to that bakery since the early 60's.  After Coffee Hour DH and I will have lunch.  Then we are going to a coin show in Parsippany.  DH is a coin collector.  Last weekend he was so sweet to put up with my going to check out all the handbag stores in The Mall at Short Hills.  So I figured I would repay the favor by accompanying him to the coin show.   I'm not into coin collecting at all ... but I want to make him happy.   So I am probably going to turn in soon because I have to get up early in order to set everything up for coffee hour before Mass.  We also provide coffee and tea.  It's a nice way for all the parishioners to mingle.   Hope everyone has a good night!

@Boehm Collector Have  a wonderful Sunday and our son collects coins too.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector This all sounds so nice! I've been to many coffee hours over the years at three different types of churches and while I am rather shy (really), I would go and it was nice to mingle and get to know people. You will be a lovely hostess! Enjoy it! Have fun with the coin show, too. Sometimes you meet some interesting folks at these kind of things and it turns out better than expected. I have an interest in coins and think that would be a wonderful outing. Have a good night, EEL 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Me too @EdithEllenLily... but it was in IE that I got the different (and better) homepage... The Chrome version said nothing about EP and was just showing 'items recently on air'. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think they run mirror websites and the one we get is either the luck of the draw or has something to do with geography or ISP... Who knows... Who cares... But it's ridiculous that any major retailer should continue to make do with such a persnickety web presence.

Very strange indeed @stevieb and @EdithEllenLily

Honored Contributor

All right... Three pages in and no bag, so let me break the ice...  Love this satchel from Lisa Minardi...

Lisa Minardi Women's Leather Satchel, Cognac

In my pantry with my cupcakes...