Esteemed Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Serendipity wrote:

The Rack had some great bags today. Saw new Coach arrivals for super cheap, including an Edie for less than $150. I picked up a blue signature nylon tote for a family member for Christmas. It was $80 and change!

@Boehm Collector Tagging you, since I know you're a Coach fan! @Sister Golden Hair I think you are too, right, Sister?

41iVyR2WYHL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

Hi @Serendipity Thanks!!  

images-1.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Has anyone done a trade in with D&B? Worth it? Nothing catching my eye right now, but wondering whether worth sending it in or throwing away the bag. (It's not for donating.)

What is wrong with it?

@Sister Golden Hair I slipped in wet paint. Had to trash my clothes and well, my handbag is a goner. Thankfully, I am only majorly banged up. Nothing broken. And I didn't hit my head on the concrete. But scary! I went flying. The floor was painted, but there was no sign.

@Serendipity abd @Sister Golden Hair ..... @Serendipity don't throw the bag out.... Dooney does not care about the condition of the trade in.  They will give you a credit of half the original retail value of the bag.  I have used Dooney's trade in program two or three times in the past.

@Boehm Collector You're right BC. I called CS and they said to go ahead and send it in for a $200 credit. I have to say that's very cool. But like @stevieb said, nothing jumping out at me for the trade in at present. 

@Serendipity ... I agree. There isn't anything jumping out at me either.  But don't send in your trade-in until you know what you want.  Dooney only gives you a limited period of time to make your purchase.  If not they return your bag.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Uh uh @handygal2 and on this, I believe @EdithEllenLily and I will agree... I have no children, I want no children. They'll have to be somebody elses handbag daughters... Personally, I see us all as being handbag sisters...

You are right @stevieb...I never wanted children...I like them, and I love being an aunt, but it's just not for me and I know it... Yes, we are all handbag sisters!!! Woman Very Happy P.S. It's a winter wonderland outside here...we had a very wet snow last night and I see part of it is already melting because our ground was warm. I am so not ready for snow yet!!! Woman Surprised Enjoy your day, EEL Heart

Well @EdithEllenLily, you're a better woman than I, because I can't even say I enjoy many of them, but so be it... I envy you the early snow, but the last two days here have been far nicer than earllier in the week. It's been bright, sunny and cool... There would appear to be no actual cold weather in sight, but I'll take the crisp and cool anytime over the dank and muggy.

We GOT NAILED with SNOW @stevieb!!! Oh man, it was a blizzard driving back from my Mom's a couple of hours ago. It was coming down at two inches per hour for two hours, and we have nine inches so far. It's finally slowing down after snowing constantly since last night around 8 p.m. Beause I am still hobbling around after stubbing my second toe on my right foot buddy two weeks ago on the wooden leg of an ottoman, Mr. Lily took pity on me and drove me over to Mom's this morning. Then he came back after I finished my usual work there to pick me up. We needed some Wendy's so we stopped there for lunch and then drove home in the worst of it. Rather shocking for the first snowfall. Now Mr. L will go out with the snowblower to plow out our long driveway. I'm staying inside until tomorrow!!! Woman Surprised I know you're missing snow, but I don't think you would like this much of it to start! It was a heavy, wet snow...quite pretty, though, for our winter wonderland.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Yes, @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair@stevieb @handygal2 @NycVixen ... I am sure that I am old enough to be @NycVixen's mother!!

Let's assume VERY YOUNG mothers, LOL.

GOOD ONE @handygal2!!! LOL for sure...Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Uh uh @handygal2 and on this, I believe @EdithEllenLily and I will agree... I have no children, I want no children. They'll have to be somebody elses handbag daughters... Personally, I see us all as being handbag sisters...

You are right @stevieb...I never wanted children...I like them, and I love being an aunt, but it's just not for me and I know it... Yes, we are all handbag sisters!!! Woman Very Happy P.S. It's a winter wonderland outside here...we had a very wet snow last night and I see part of it is already melting because our ground was warm. I am so not ready for snow yet!!! Woman Surprised Enjoy your day, EEL Heart

Well @EdithEllenLily, you're a better woman than I, because I can't even say I enjoy many of them, but so be it... I envy you the early snow, but the last two days here have been far nicer than earllier in the week. It's been bright, sunny and cool... There would appear to be no actual cold weather in sight, but I'll take the crisp and cool anytime over the dank and muggy.

We GOT NAILED with SNOW @stevieb!!! Oh man, it was a blizzard driving back from my Mom's a couple of hours ago. It was coming down at two inches per hour for two hours, and we have nine inches so far. It's finally slowing down after snowing constantly since last night around 8 p.m. Beause I am still hobbling around after stubbing my second toe on my right foot buddy two weeks ago on the wooden leg of an ottoman, Mr. Lily took pity on me and drove me over to Mom's this morning. Then he came back after I finished my usual work there to pick me up. We needed some Wendy's so we stopped there for lunch and then drove home in the worst of it. Rather shocking for the first snowfall. Now Mr. L will go out with the snowblower to plow out our long driveway. I'm staying inside until tomorrow!!! Woman Surprised I know you're missing snow, but I don't think you would like this much of it to start! It was a heavy, wet snow...quite pretty, though, for our winter wonderland.

Edith, I'm glad we missed that one.

It started raining last night and was getting colder by the minute.

The news said we could get a light dusting.

But when they say that we sometimes get 5 inches.

I'm just glad that we are retired and able to stay in.

My husband was a rural mail carrier and he had to drive in every kind of weather.

I'm so glad that he is at home now.

Stay warm and stay safeHeart

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

The Rack had some great bags today. Saw new Coach arrivals for super cheap, including an Edie for less than $150. I picked up a blue signature nylon tote for a family member for Christmas. It was $80 and change!

@Boehm Collector Tagging you, since I know you're a Coach fan! @Sister Golden Hair I think you are too, right, Sister?

41iVyR2WYHL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

Hi @Serendipity Thanks!!  

images-1.jpeg

Yes, Boehm, I really love my "Coach" bags.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  EEL, apparently lots of places out in the Heartland and plains got nailed. And while, no, I probably wouldn't choose to kick off the season with that much, I guess I'd take it where I can get it. Of course, the downside to snow here is it's not managed well no matter what we get. There's a media frenzy, they frighten people needlessly, the stores are jammed, they close schools at the drop of a hat and if there actually is snow, few can navigate it.  Still, I like it and love to have it around Christmas, which we rarely do. At least it's very chilly and a bit blustery out today, so even though there was no snow, at least it felt like it's supposed to feel at this time of year.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Edith, just watched the news and said that Chicago got 11 inchesWoman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Edith, just watched the news and said that Chicago got 11 inchesWoman Surprised

Oh, goodness! It's way too early in the season for that much snow!! :-(

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily  EEL, apparently lots of places out in the Heartland and plains got nailed. And while, no, I probably wouldn't choose to kick off the season with that much, I guess I'd take it where I can get it. Of course, the downside to snow here is it's not managed well no matter what we get. There's a media frenzy, they frighten people needlessly, the stores are jammed, they close schools at the drop of a hat and if there actually is snow, few can navigate it.  Still, I like it and love to have it around Christmas, which we rarely do. At least it's very chilly and a bit blustery out today, so even though there was no snow, at least it felt like it's supposed to feel at this time of year.

That's good it's getting chilly where you are, stevieb @stevieb. We need fall BEFORE winter!!! Plus, it helps a person get into the holiday mode more easily. I cannot believe it's almost Thanksgiving...I feel like I have so much to do and it will not get done, but I know it will. Just catching up on all of the laundry this afternoon made me feel more settled. 

Your description of the media frenzy getting everyone freaked out about upcoming weather reminds me of a wedding I attended once in Atlanta. It was in March, and there was a few inches of snow coming down the night before the wedding. Everyone panicked and the wedding was RESCHEDULED for a day after the original wedding date! I guess no one minded...the church, the caterer, the wedding hall...they all wanted to stay home the day after the snow! My sister and I added another night to our hotel stay so we could be at the wedding, and coming from Michigan where a few inches of snow is nothing we found the whole thing quite humorous.