Respected Contributor

Recent DOONEY TSV tote - regret it now

Was so enamored of this when it arrived, immediately tossed out the packaging including receipt, sent in the registration and wrote a stellar review. After two days I knew I would never carry this thing. . The handle placement is wrong- with only a few items in the bag, when I pick it up, the handles pull up the fabric of the bag and it looks ridiculous. Someone actually mentions this in a review and posted a pic. Also when the bag is set down, the body of it mushrooms out on each side, touching the surface it's sitting on. Really just the ugliest appearance. Obviously in the tv presentations, the bags were filled with paper to give structure without weight. Lesson learned. My $110 mistake. 
Curious if anyone else ended up disappointed?

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Re: Recent DOONEY TSV tote - regret it now

[ Edited ]

Return it!  You can retrieve the return info/receipt online.  Use your own box or bag. Doesn't have to be one from QVC.  

Respected Contributor

I've lost return slip and made my own. Call CS let them know it was defective and write up your own return slip. It will be accepeted. Don't waste $110!!!!

Super Contributor

Go online and print out the page your order is on and the return label. get your own box and mail the bag back. There is a lesson here keep the packing slip and packaging for awhile, I always do. I keep all my packing slips for at least a month and the boxes or bags they come in, just to make sure .......
Respected Contributor

Wow, I went tothe reviews and see exactly what you mean!  Poor design, and NO testing of the product before mass production-  So dumb in my opinion...  TRY to return it. There is no rule it must be Q packaging!  So disappointing...

Respected Contributor

Which one is it?

Honored Contributor

You can totally return this bag!!!!  As others have said, print the receipt and pack it up yourself.  They will refund you.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering why Dooney seems to be doing so many "nylon" bags lately.  Any company can make a nylon tote well and for much less money.  I would think, nylon is nylon but I know leather is a different commodity. ?  Just saying.

Regular Contributor

you have 90 day returns....get the return label printed on your computer and send it back. Over a $100 for a new bag you are unhappy with needs to go back. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update- I returned the bag. Feels like a big relief. 

Harmonize the World